What's new

JBL Northridge E60 vs. Yamaha NS 515 (1 Viewer)

I'm a rookie putting together an HT system (50% HT, 50% music). Having good bass is very important to me. I live in Kazakstan, so the selection is not great.

I've looked at the following systems and wondered if I could get feedback on my choice:

1. JBL Northridge E60 fronts, EC25 center, E250 sub, E10 surrounds (1376 USD)

2. Yamaha NS-515 series for fronts, center, and surrounds, with YST-SW315 sub. (1470 USD)

3. Radiotechnika (Latvia brand) X-Line. (690 USD)

I'm leaning toward the JBL. The Yamaha sounded a bit bright, and I was disappointed with bass and a lack of tightness in the sound. The Radiotechnika were great speakers, but I couldn't audition them in a decent room, so I really can't evaluate them fairly.

Questions:
1. How much would it degrade the sound quality to mix a Yamaha reciever and JBL speakers or vice versa?
2. Is there anyway to evaulate fairly the Radiotechnika system, since dealer doesn't have a sound room? What about comparing them strictly by looking at technical data?
3. If I go with the JBL, would I be giving up any important features or quality on the Yamaha?

Thanks
Steve

Gerald Wise

Auditioning
I can't tell you much on your questions but when I talked with JBL they told me that anything E50 or above should be used with the EC35 center. I went with the ec35,e100's,e20's and the e150 sub and couldn't be happier.

JerryMa

Stunt Coordinator
Mixing and matching different brands of receivers and speakers doesn't degrade the sound of either element of your system. All that matters is that you buy what you want and what sounds best to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks