JBL ND310IIs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Huber, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Chris Huber

Chris Huber Second Unit

Ok guys. I just pieced together a Northridge system.

Reciever = Pioneer VSX-D811S (100wx6)
    Center = JBL S-Center 3-way, Dual 5"
    Fronts = Old Pioneer 10's
    Rears = JBL N24 2-way, 4"
    Sub = JBL PB12

Guys with the ND310IIs, how do you like em? How do they handle different types of music/movies? I'm mostly Rock/Jazz and action films.

What kind of watts do you guys have going to them? Think the Pioneers 100 watts will be enough?

Thanks,
    -Chris

2. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Supporting Actor

Did you buy the 310's? I had the 310's (ver 1) they sound nice, have loads of bass. But man they are HUGE. You don't realize how big till you get them home, GIGANTIC. Took way too much room. I got rid of them and well I'm glad. For the size of the damn things they didn't put out nearly as much great sound as they should have (if size matters). They will play loud and hard don't get me wrong. But Maybe you should match your S-Centre with some S bookshelves or the smaller towers.

3. Michael Webb

Michael Webb Stunt Coordinator

I agree they are large, but maybe it's the "man" side of me that likes large speakers. Anyways, I had planned on getting the 310's for a 2.0 setup to tide me over, but I'm still thinking about possibly the N38's, since your THEY ARE LARGE AT HOME comment is kind of scaring me. They are cheaper, not quite as big, but it's hard to tell how much better/worse than the 310 they are. I don't want to turn each up really loud at BB and look like a jack a$$. Anyways, what's the concensus on this board, ND-310 or N38, will be a 70/30 movie/music setup.

4. James Bergeron

Man they were so large when I took them home, you may want to build a cardboard model to see how big they will be. I had 3 way towers with an 8" driver before these so I though they were close in size, WRONGO, they were like taller than my 27" TV on a stand and taller than my audio rack, and sooooo wide. But it depends on your room I suppose. The boxes are double the size of the speaker, LOL barely fit both in my car. 1 good thing was the tweeter from the centre on top of my tv matched dead on with the towers.

5. Chris Huber

Chris Huber Second Unit

Ok, nevermind that they are Large speakers. I know that... What recievers do you guys have em hooked to?

6. James Bergeron

For the record I was using a POA-5200 from Denon. In conjuntion with my 4800