What's new

JBL N38 floor standing speakers......$200 delivered. (1 Viewer)

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
Sister and brother-in-law are currently in the very early stages of putting together a home theater system. For now, they are just looking for some decent speakers.

J and R Music World has these speakers on sale for 200 bucks delivered. Are they the biggest bang for the buck, or at least, worth the 200 bucks? He's using an older (but killer, hey I sold it to them and wish I had it back!!) Technics SA-1010 receiver which will push 120 watts into 8 ohms.....great receiver.

Anyway, just was wondering if you thought this was a good deal, or is there something else out there that's better for the same amount of money.

Thanks for any help.

Steve

BryanZ

Screenwriter
$300 delivered ($150 each) for the pair (N38II). Not bad at all. Personally would look at Axiom M22ti, nOrh 4.0, Paradigm Monitor 3, or B&W DM303. But the N38s are an excellent deal at that price.

JesseR

Stunt Coordinator
although j and r was extremely rude to me last week when i tried to buy speakers from them. They have the s38's for 279 shipped. I got a stereo advantage store to price match them plus a little for the set i was getting.. Cant recommend them enough....great speakers
jesse

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Sounds like a good deal to me. A friend of a friend has a 6 channel setup consisting of 4 N38s and 2 N-Centers. I have JBL S312s, S26s and an S Center. I was impressed with the N38s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks