What's new

jbl n28's (1 Viewer)

Jon_p_s

Stunt Coordinator
How would these compare to something by axiom or paradigm? I have heard good things about these speakers but am unsure of what I should get.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Jon,
I just ordered them (4 for front and surrounds) and should have them set up this weekend if all goes well. Although I haven't heard as many speakers or have the expertise of many on this forum, I'm planning to give a little review of my system by the middle of next week if you want to wait for it.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
It really depends what model you compare the N28s to. I think Paradigm and Axiom are in a higher league than JBL Northridge but then again so are most of the prices.

After some critical listening to the N-28s on mid-end Yamaha receiver, my impression was that the highs from the tweeter were a bit metallic/tinney which added a slight grainyness to some vocals. The midrange tone was a bit on the dull side compared to JBL's studio line but the upper bass seemed the same.

If you post a price range, it might be easier to get recommendations of what brand/speaker to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks