JBL N26II v. Polk R20 opinions please.

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by BrianGC, Apr 23, 2003.

1. BrianGC

BrianGC Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    I'm considering these 2 sets of speakers and I'd like to know how people think of them. It's difficult to compare them locally.

Best Buy has the JBLs and they sounded good to me. Circuit City has the Polk, but the special "listening room" they have at the local store has the Polks up on high shelves. They are prob. higher than you could put them in a typical home and getting a clear impression of how they sound is difficult.

Thanks,
    BrianGC

2. Jeff-Watson

Jeff-Watson Stunt Coordinator

I am using the r20's as rears and I love them. Some find them to be a little bright but they sounded better than anything else in that price range to me. I now use Polk all around the room and am looking to upgrade to lsi's soon. Your ears are the only real judge. Have the sales associate move the speaker for you. A good salesman will gladly oblidge.

3. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

I purchased as a gift for my father in-law a pair of N26's and they do sound pretty good. I'm a Polk guy myself but I use the rti series. But if you decide to go with the JBL's you might want to think what are your plans down the road when it comes to center channels and surrounds. Polk's do a better job in that category. But if you're looking for a inexpensive two channel rig, than the N26 is a decent choice and probably would put out more bass than the Polks.