What's new

JBL N26 vs. N26 II's (1 Viewer)

Brad A

Agent
Has anyone compaired these two speakers side by side?

JBL N26 vs. N26 II's

If so what are some thoughts?

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
the new ones definitely look nicer. cant comment on their sound, although they are supposed to sound the same

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
The N-26II are basically the same, they are just made of wood rather than plastic but the acoustic qualities are basically the same, I briefly checked them out and didn't really hear any difference, but I heard from a good authority that the new N-26II's sound basically the same as the N-26's.

Maybe Phil I. will see this thread and give you the lowdown.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I really hope the wood enclosures make em sound better. I was comparing the N26s to the N28s at Best Buy and I really preferred the sound from the 28s. I'm not sure if it was all because of the enclosure but wood does make a better enclosure than plastic.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
A lot of engineering went into the N-26 (plastic and all), I don't think the plastic enclosures are detremental at all to the N-26, if it was I think they would have opted for wood/fiberboard, JBL probably would have saved money going with wood.

Besides the way I understand it, the N-28's and all of the Northridge use the plastic waveguide design surrounded by wood. So by design the Northridge probably sound better with the plastic waveguide, and the wood is just a cosmetic thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks