What's new

JBL N24II vs. Paradigm Titans. (1 Viewer)

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
I've decided to ask my parents for a new pair of speakers for my upcoming birthday and have it narrowed to these two (still open to suggestions though). I must state that I live in Canada, so before you advise me to spend a little extra, keep in mind that although they cost less in the U.S., they're around $250 here :).

So I know the main thing to do is to audition, and I plan to, but still wnated opinions before I go and do that. Also, my mom works at Sears Travel, and I could get a 15% discount on the JBL's.

Thanks,
Andrew

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I would give the Titans the clear edge. I've had both, and have listened to both extensivly. If you don't have a sub, the N24s should not even be considered. The Titans can hold their own w/out a sub if you're not expecting really hard hitting bass. The N24s frequency drops off VERY quickly below 80 hz. The Titans are also more refined and won't sound as bright at high volumes like the entire JBL N series can.

Hope this helps :)

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the responses. I do have a Tempest in my 9' x 9' bedroom, so I think I'm taken care of for the low end. I guess I'll just have to go out and listen, and I'll definitely keep the N26's in mind as well, as I didn't even think of them before.
Thanks again,
Andrew

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Personally I like the atoms better than the titans as I thought the Titans had a slight coloration of the mids and was slightly less transparent. I would also take into account that you might also want to check out the matching center as well so you'll know your next upgrade path.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks