What's new

JBL N24 and N24AW: 2 questions (1 Viewer)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
A couple of questions about these speakers.

First, does the All-Weather version sound substantially different than the standard version?

Second, are people using the included brackets to mount these to walls, or is there a better mounting option?

Thanks, in advance...

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
They are for all intents and purposes the same: you need to decide what color works best for you. I have used the included brackets to mount them. They work well.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
...are people using the included brackets to mount these to walls, or is there a better mounting option?
When my NSP1 were setup in my main HT/family room (2-1/2 years), I used the supplied gimbaled OmniMount bracket @ my Right Surround location. It was very easy to install and extremely stable after I locked the position down using the supplied tools.

Hope this helps,
Phil

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
i cant really answer the first question, since i have never heard the AW ones but i am under the impression they are supposed to sound the same.

as for the second question, i have two pairs of n24s (surrounds and 'B' speakers) mounted on the wall and i cant really imagine why people would spend more money for a different way of mounting them, they worked quite well for me.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Great help everyone, thanks.

I'm installing these in a second system, and the white really disappears nicely against the crown molding of the room, which is decorated in the British Colonial style.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks