What's new

JBL "N" series speakers (1 Viewer)

I am currently using the NSP 5 setup with a 10" powered sub. Am looking into upgrading the front N26's to either N38's or ND310's. Has anyone had any experience using either of these for fronts and how were the results. Am thinking that the N38's might be a closer match. Also has JBL improved the shielding on the NII center. It isn't worth a flip on the old N center. Any replies will be appreciated.

JedW

Agent
I recently purchased the ND310II's and the n CenterII. They are great. I compared them to everything at best buy and I thought that they sounded the best for me. I especially like them for 2 ch music. I turn off the sub and turn the bass up on them and the place rocks. I bought my stuff through J&R Audio for way cheaper than you can get at Best Buy. If you are debating between the 38's and the 310's I would recommend the 310's. Even though there should be no difference in the highs, my wife and I, as well as a friend of mine could here differences at the store when comparing the two and all of us perferred the 310's.

Jed, Are you able to place the N center II directly on top of your TV without magnetic interference. Also what are you using for rears, and how do the 310's perform on 5.1 movies.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Ronnie:

The Northridge E series will soon be available. You might want to hold off, particularly if you like beech or cherry finishes as opposed to the N series' black finish. I'm guessing there won't be much sonic difference between the N and E series.

You can see photos of the stuff on jbl.com and jandr.com.

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
I have the NSP1II speaker package and the N-CenterII does not cause any magnetic interference with my television :)

francisco-a

Agent
I have the N38 since almost 2 years. Very happy with them. They handle quite good with every type of music or movies that you play. For the price I paid, it was the best. I guees that the ND310 could be better, but at least the N38 are very good for me. Just wait to break-in them and to use a good speaker wire (not a $100, just a good one) and you´ll be very pleased.

Greg Black

Second Unit
I'm glad this topic came up, because I am in the same situation. I have an NSP-1 setup, and while I like it very much, the N-Center causes alot of problems with my new TV, due to its poor shielding. I was also wondering if JBL improved the shielding on the N-Center II or any of the new E series models. I'm also looking to replace the N24's that are the front two channels with something better, as I am starting to use my system to playback alot of my CDs. Are the E50's similar to the N38's? Those seem like very nice speakers.

Thanks for the responses. I am going to trade an old bose setup (AM-7 and AM-3) that I bought when there was no Dolby Digital just Pro Logic. I am trading it for the ND310's and a Bose center channel speaker. Sounds like a good trade to me. If I can just find someone who wants a Bose center channel it will an even better deal.

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
I just bought a NSP1 II, and the Ncenter II still has the shielding problem, but if you place the speaker about 6 inches up, it doesnt affect the TV.

JedW

Agent
I have the N Center 2 on my tv and no problems observed. As far as the 310's in 5.1 are concerned, I only have pro logic right now(the family room with built in 7.1 surround using the JBL n24's for the 4 rears is almost finished) and they sound great. The rears I am using now are POS jensens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks