What's new

JBL N center II Mod??? (1 Viewer)

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I have been reading the mods for the s38 and the s26.

Does anyone have any ideas for the N Center? I have one that does not keep up that well with my S38II mains. It has some reverberation that is audible at high volume. Would the polyfill clean that up?

How much do you put in with a ported speaker? How about crossover mods?

I would get the S Center if i could find one!!!

SteveLeach

Stunt Coordinator
From two different web sites:
Site 1
Recommend stuffing density is 0.5 oz. per liter (12 - 14 oz. per cubic foot).

Site 2
Most sealed and vented enclosures require 1/2 lb. of dampening material per cubic foot of enclosure.
For best results it is recommended to loosely fill the material throughout the enclosure.

Me? I put half of a standard size poly pillow in each of my S38II, and a couple of handfuls in the S-Center II and was surprised at how much it cleaned up them all up. So I'd say give it a shot, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

FWIW - There is an S-Center II on ebay, the auction will go 2 more days.

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
Thanks. How does it affect the port? It would restrict air movement. Do you cover the inside wall near the port as well?

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I recall several months back where one of the members here (Frank Carter) took the "S" series of JBL speakers apart and applied car undercoating material to the insides of the cabinets.

Apparently, this made quite a difference in the sound. You might want to search for this thread for more details.

SteveLeach

Stunt Coordinator
For the S-Center II I avoided the ports, but for the S38II, I wasn't that particular. Meaning if I look down the port I can see the fill. I don't have a wind guage, so I can't comment on how much, if any, the port is restricted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks