1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

JBL N-Center as a rear center??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brad A, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Brad A

Brad A Agent

I'd like to get some opinions on this please...I want to get a JBL S-center to replace my N-center...Would it be a good idea to use my N-center as a rear center speaker?? Or are they really just to be used for front center?

2. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

It's a fine idea. You can use the N-center as a rear center.

3. Brad A

Brad A Agent

Thanks....Any other comments or thoughts about this please??

4. Jose G

Jose G Supporting Actor

I beleive a center is a center, either front or rear- it's still center, so it's ok to use your center as a rear center. And if it saves you from buying another speaker- great!
    I don't think it's necessary though to spend the cost of some of the centers for a rear center, since the rear center will probably only produce as much sound as the surrounds, right? Nothing like the mains and front center. If you didn't own a center already I might suggest finding another timbre matched speakers for the rear center, or getting the same speaker as your surrounds for the center. I'm not even sure how important timbre matching the rear center is as opposed to the front center where it is very important. Hey, it sounds like you wanted some other thoughts, so there are mine. Enjoy the system.

5. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

As Angelo said, it will be just fine to do as you are thinking. While the S-Center is certainly an upgrade, the N-Center will be great for the rear.
    I too am a JBL fan and have a mix of N series, S Series and some older JBL L100. Just calibrate and let'em rip.