What's new

JBL L100... dearly departed. (1 Viewer)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I have owned a pair of JBL L100 s for 26 years. Bought them new in 1978 and they been with me ever since. They've suffered through many fruitless attempts at replacing them as nothing I bought ever sounded as good or as powerful. They've been my mains since I got into home theater in 1990 and still kick butt.......

Today, I gave them to my oldest son. I just hope he will cherish them as I have for so long. In return, I took his Energy RVS LCR set which are great in their own right. I now have a setup that is comprised of Energy RVS L-C-R, Energy RVSS surrounds, JBL N24 as front effects and JBL Sat 2 as dual rear centers and of course, my SVS cylinder......

My son said he fully expected me to pound on his door at 2 in the morning begging for them back.......!

Just thought I'd share.......

Rick Cohen

Agent
I have a pair of L-100's and feel your pain. I purchased mine in 1972 and have used them for the past 32 years. I don't think I could part with them. I use them as mains in the home theater with a bit of bass augmentation from an SVS PB-2+. The L-100s have reasonable output down to 30hz and remain very clear. There seems to be no limit on the output the L-100s can put out and seem to thrive with todays higher powered amps.

What made you decide to change them out?

Good luck and at least they are still in the family. RICK

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator
MY KIDS CAN'T HAVE MY ADVENTS UNLESS THEY PRY THEM FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS!

wait a minute. that's guns. nevermind!

;)

enjoy the toys!

ag.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Thanks for the thoughts guys.....

It's only been two days since I moved the L100s to my sons home and YES, I miss seeing those old friends sitting there alongside my bigscreen and miss the sound even more!!!

Rick: On the why question.....There's a lot of factors involved in my decision to hand them down to my son..... Although those old JBL's are probably my greatest treasure, we don't use them much anymore. My GF of ten years has cancer and is going through the typical uncomfortable treatment and I too am having a health problem. My oldest son is my safe harbor and he's always loved those old Ls.......I have started handing a couple of things down to him including my grandfathers pistol ( he was a town police) that he carried from 1922 until 1984 (when he died). When my son was younger, he'd ride around with my grandpa in the police car... and is one of his favorite memories.....

I am on the verge of handing down another prized possession too.... my 1997 F150.....I actually own two of them but the red one is special... lots of goodies....

Yes, it is sad to see these things go but I know my son will cherish them as I always have and I just wanted to know that he has them and is enjoying them. He works from his home a lot and listens to music most of the time and that's what the Ls are really for.... good rock music!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks