JBL & Infinity

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan Taylor, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Ryan Taylor

Ryan Taylor Auditioning

I have a problem Im lokking for a new center channel speaker and have found three possibilities, JBL S Center, Infinity IL25, IL36. I like the idea of the three way speakers vs two way. I also like the Infinity better (down the road I would like to upgrade to an all Infinity system), But I cant find the infinity cheap enough. I have found the JBL for $140.00ish. Which Is about all I can afford right now. So Knowing that JBL and Infinity are both made by Harmon what are my chances of the JBL voice matching the Infinity's down the road?? Any info greatly appreciated

THANX

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    The two are both OWNED by Harmon, but I'd say they have little to do with eachother. They even compete in the similar price categories. If you want Infinity, bite the bullet and get it. OR Get the JBL and get rid of it later when you can get all Infinity. You may realize that Infinity is not the best choice down the road...

3. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

The IL36 is simply an incredible center channel speaker. I have one between two IL60's and the voice matching is the best I've heard on any system.

An IL60/IL36/IL10 surround sound system was reviewed in the Jan 2002 issue of Stereophile Guide to Home Theater. The reviewer, Michael Fremer, said the IL36 was one of the best center channels he'd ever auditioned.

4. Ryan Taylor

Ryan Taylor Auditioning

Thanx guys any more info out there???

5. Mike Strassburg

Mike Strassburg Second Unit

I have the S-center with a pair of JBL towers up front and love it. Got it for $141 shipped on-line and it's a great speaker for that price, plays loud and clear. I do plan on upgrading my front speakers and will move the S-center to the rear on my 6.1 setup. Perhaps you could by the S-center now and later move it to the back when you go Infinity up front. Just an idea...Mike