JBL HT PS300 THX subwoofer?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Roger Singh, Oct 13, 2001.

1. Roger Singh

Roger Singh Auditioning

Mar 9, 2001
    sorry, if this has been discussed before, the search function is down,
    but I wanted to see what people thought about this subwoofer. I have a chance to buy one for $800 (CDN), and just by looking at the sub, it looks pretty much worth it.
    AT the moment, my Home theatre is 5.0, and have been saving up for a poweramp, and then going to get a SVS subwoofer when i wouldn't feel guilty buying one.
    but, if I go with this PS300, and I wouldn't have to get a sub from the states (even though it's a nice one).
    I tried to find reviews of this sub on the internet, but couldn't find any, so any opinions would be appreciated. I'm subwoofer inexperienced, so I have to watch out for these impulse purchases.
  2. Bhagi Katbamna

Bhagi Katbamna Supporting Actor

Jun 1, 2000
    I was in a similar situation. I had 2 THX subs but I thought the extention and power was better with a THX sub and the SVS 16-46. So my recommendation(it is worth exactly what you paid for it) is to go ahead and get the subwoofer, it will give you good extention and power to about 30 Hz. Then later you can add a SVS for more extention and power in the last octave.