What's new

JBL fronts? (1 Viewer)

John Gregory

Auditioning
I will soon be getting an HK 320 and moving my four JBL n24s to surrounds for 7.1. However, I am torn between JBL ND310 towers and S38 large bookshelfs for my mains. The ND310s are about $50 less and come with free shipping from JandR, for a savings of about $100. Also they would match my N-Center. However, I think I would enjoy the S38's more. They would most likely be run off an Audiosource Amp Two or Amp Three. Any comments, or maybe some other suggestions for front speakers in the $200-$300 range? Thanks.

Stephen Houdek

Second Unit
Real Name
S
I've read nothing but good things about the S38's but I would choose to stay within the N series were I in your shoes.....Unless you plan eventually to change-over to an all S series setup.

ozric_smith

Agent
I would stick with the N's as well. I just got some N28's as front for my NSP1 setup, let my say they are BIG. I think the the S38's are the same size, just on its side. I have head that the N and S series are timber matched but I have never done a side by side test. If you were to start with the S series I would get the Center First and then the S38II's.

Also new Mark II S's have the same silver driver as the N and NII's do. I do take the covers off when I do serious listening so to me ... well you figure it out. I also think that the gold is tacky, like some hyped up Smokey and the Bandit gold FireBird. Puke...

Either way they both sound good. Only how they sound to you matters. You are the one who is going to enjoy them, hopefully.

David King

Stunt Coordinator
Don't leave out the N38 tower, same price as the s38 and very similar.

I own both a Studio series and Northridge series setup. The bass on the N38 is already too much for me (in stereo mode), I prefer the sub to do that work. I think the JBL ND310s would be way overkill. So I suggest you go take a listen to the ND310s before you buy them just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks