What's new

JBL ec25 (1 Viewer)

PeterK

Supporting Actor
Futureshop has a deal right now where if you buy any of the select JBL speakers you get a free JBL subwoofer for free. It doesn't say the model number but it says it has a 250 dollar value. I need a new center channel. should I buy the EC25 for $230 CND. and get the free subwoofer? is it a good deal?
here are the specs for the Center channel

PeterK

Supporting Actor
if someone would chime in soon that would be great. I have to buy it today because the sale ends thursday and we are leaving on vacation tomorrow.

MikeNg

Second Unit
You can get it cheaper here, in your choice of veneers if that's worth something.

The real question is, do you need that sub (it's the PB8 - just click on Special Offers) and if it were any good, why are they giving it away?

Hey, shipping's free, and you know you want the center channel. Don't plan on gaining a whole lot of low end with an 8" subwoofer. If you don't have a sub right now, it's better than nothing. I say go for it.

PeterK

Supporting Actor
I am not so sure anymore. I bought a sony reciever and hitachi dvd player a few days ago but i am just thinking about taking it back and getting this htib. we have one on our other HT and I really like it. Plus this has a preout which would mean i could do wes's height channel surround EX thing from this thread. I have hooked up the mains and center channel of what I was planning on doing but it sounded really crappy. so i was just thinking I should buy the HTIB. what do you think?

PeterK

Supporting Actor
It doesn't matter now. We bough the center channel and got the subwoofer. I am sure they will be good enough for our purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks