What's new

Jbl E250p???? (1 Viewer)

Colin+M

Stunt Coordinator
I have JBL system (e80's, e30's and ec35) so this seems to be the natural selection. is there a better sub out there for the money? If JBL, where is the cheapest place online to get it, or is anyone wanting to unload their old one? ;) I found it at electronics-expo for $238 shipped.

John S

Senior HTF Member
For the money maybe not. I have a hard time endorsing this sub, I blew em, I have friends that have also blew them. Take it easy on it if you do get this one, does not fair well with prolonged torcher at all.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
I have the sub and paided pretty much nothing for it.

For what I paid, I really enjoy it.

Not a hi-end REL, or SVS, or good Velodyne, but it is able to do its job for movies.

Music - it is not as good at that.

I would mot say it is as boomy as people crack it up to be.

Will I be upgrading? You better believe it!!!

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
I have an all JBL system too, save up the extra money and buy a SVS

Himanshu_S

Stunt Coordinator
It's really hard to say no to the JBL E250P if you don't want to spend more than $250 for a sub. But if it's not, then other brands such as SVS or HSU should definitely be on your list.

Also, I agree with JoeyR too. If you can't afford it, I would save up for SVS.

I wasn't aware of them blowing out that easily. I do remember that the ancestor JBL PB12 did have power supply or an amp going bad issues which was supposedly fixed later on.

MikeNg

Second Unit
Subs are the only speaker mix where I feel it's not that important to match the rest of the system.

Get the best sub you can for the money. IMO, it doesn't matter if you get a JBL or not. People here have had lots of success with the Dayton subs on PartsExpress.com.

Something tells me that in the long run, you're better off getting an entry sub from a respected label (SVS, Hsu, Onix, etc.).

Brad E

Second Unit
I have an all JBL setup as well and the PB12 is definitely the weak link. But I absolutely torture this thing and to it's credit it is still doing just fine.
For the price, I doubt you could do much better. Eventually, I will be upgrading, but I'm in no hurry.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Oh, I will say that I just watched 'The Incredibles' with the E250P.

Room is 15 X 25 feet and opens onto the kitchen...and breakfast nook...and beyond.

It was able to get the couch to shake and start to pressurize the room, not 'thump' or 'burp' - but give some nice, low, clean rumbles.

The amount and quality of the bass is much better than I am sure many of you would realize (I play with $2,000 subs daily and have heard them in different systems)

To put it bluntly - you are WORLDS better off with this sub than no sub at all.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I blew up some PB12's too before try'n the E250p. :)

Decent subs when they work for sure. I am hard on my subs, I run em hot, and watch/listen at reference type levels pretty often.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks