JBL E250P best deal around?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Brian Sc, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Brian Sc

Brian Sc Auditioning

Ive been look at a subwoofer around 200 or 250 and I found the JBL e250p for 250 half the MSRP price. Is there anything else that can compete with this is that price? I found a sony one for 200 that is a 150 watt 12 which seemed ok other then it was sony but still it was 100 watts less, Just curious thanks for any respones

2. Fred_Krampits

Fred_Krampits Stunt Coordinator

Brian:

I own a E250P in my 7.1 E Series setup. It's a great sub! I have a huge living room and it has more than enough power. I have this DVD "Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie" that has the most powerful bass and the E250P handles it superbly. I had to fix every picture hanging on the wall afterwards.

You did not mention where you saw it online. This site www.jr.com has it for $269.00 with free delivery. No sales tax if you don't live in NY. I bought my E100s from them and the service was great.

3. Zeeshan T

Zeeshan T Agent

E250 is a great sub. I jus got mine last week and it sounds great for its price. Fred for your 7.1 setup i was wondering what you are using as your rear and surrounds. I currently have e90s, ec35, and e250 but i am not sure what i want to use for the rear. I was originally going with e20s but people on the forum commented that i use e10s instead. So just wondering what you were using. Thanks

4. Fred_Krampits

Fred_Krampits Stunt Coordinator

Zeeshan:

I use 4 E50s for my side and rear surrounds. The E20s are rear ported so you really can't put them against a wall. My receiver can really power the E50s on the surrounds and with my room, I think they work fine. I'm sure the E30s or E10s would work fine for you, it depends on your room. Both are front ported so walls don't come into play.

5. Billy K

Billy K Auditioning

I am using the same setup with E20s as the rears (5.1). They are sitting on end tables on either side of the couch, so the rear port doesn't bother me. Sounds awesome. JBL has got to be the best bang for the buck deal goin right now. The E250 sub is great, by the way. Already pissed off the neighbors and had to turn it WAY down.

6. Brian Sc

Brian Sc Auditioning

For a better deal try bhphotovideo link wont work because i cant post a link yetbut you get the idea. They are autorized checked jbl website also they are only 250$ shipping just ordered mine the oter day. They seem to be sold out a lot but they also seem to get them back in stock quickly