Jbl E150P question

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by RyanSoares, Sep 1, 2004.

1. RyanSoares

RyanSoares Stunt Coordinator

i just got my sub today, i got e30's in the front, nspII's i thinks thats the model # in the back and the ec25 as my center.... my amp is the sony strd 695, just to clarify if i have everything setup right, i set all my mains to small, and then do "what" with the subs Xover? what should i set the gain at? and what about the pahse, what is that all about?

2. Fred_Krampits

Fred_Krampits Stunt Coordinator

Ryan:

If you are attaching the sub (on my receiver I have MCACC so I don't worry about settings there) to the subwoofer output on the receiver you set it to LFE on the sub and really not worry about phase.

Here's the info from the manual:

The Crossover Frequency Control determines the highest frequency at which the subwoofer reproduces sounds. If your main speakers can comfortably reproduce some lowfrequency sounds, set this control to a lower frequency setting, between 50Hz and 100Hz. This will concentrate the subwoofer’s efforts on the ultradeep bass sounds required by today’s films and music. If you are using smaller bookshelf speakers that do not extend to the lower bass frequencies, set the low-pass crossover control to a higher setting, between 120Hz and 150Hz. This control is not used when the LFE switch is in the “LFE” position.