JBL E Series

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Derek_P, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Derek_P

Derek_P Stunt Coordinator

JBL E Series

such as the E20 and E30..... how are these speakers for performance...

i would be buying them for fronts..and maybe another set for surround rears (THX)

is the quality high enough for home theatre use?

2. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

Derek:

Welcome to HTF.

The JBL Northridge E Series is similar in specification to the previous Northridge and Northridge II series (now discontinued). They have many fans here. The Studio series is the next step up in specification, and can be found at great prices nowadays (a new Studio series is scheduled for '04).

They are more than acceptable for home theater use. If you can audition them at home with your associated equipment, you can judge for yourself.

3. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

4. RyanSoares

RyanSoares Stunt Coordinator

i already posted a thread about the E30's that i bought a week ago.... these speakers are amazing, i'm using the them for my fronts..... when my father came over on christmas i showed them off using my Die another day dvd in dts and he was looking around for the sub.... i don't have one..... they offer such a deep warm rumble in the surfing scene and tight punch during the opening of the movie when bond shoots the pistol at the screen..... i'm not dumb, i know a sub would make even more of a difference but i live in an apartment and it would be a waste to get one.... these speakers satisfy me perfectly and would recommend them to anyone who asks...

5. Derek_P

Derek_P Stunt Coordinator

cool thanks

6. Lev-S

Lev-S Second Unit

Are the E30s really that impressive for bookshelves? Would they beat out a low-end Polk tower?