What's new

JBL E-series speakers (1 Viewer)

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have any opinions? I've listened to them in several enviroments now (yes, including Best Buy), and I like them. I'm interested in comparisons to older JBL speakers, like the N-series. I liked the E60 the best out of the bunch (with a sub) for music and video, and they're fairly reasonable for my tight budget. Anyone have them or have any thoughts on them?

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I thought they sounded exactly like the N series speakers. They look quite a bit better and there are many more models to chose from. My only complaint was the cabinet build quality. If you knock your hand on the side of any of the larger speakers there is a definite resonance from thin walls and poor internal bracing. Not sure if this affects the sound, but the cabinets are definitely less stiff than the N series or most other quality speakers.

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm - never thought to check that. I'm not *too* terribly concerned about that - there's a few things I can do in the cabinet to shore it up a bit. I ended up getting the E60's, after listening to them, the E80s, the E90s, the Klipsch SF2 and SF3s, the Athenas, the Polks, the Infinities...

I'll post a review when I get them set-up and broken in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks