JBL E-series??? at Best Buy

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Brad A, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Brad A

Brad A Agent

I went to my local BB the other day and noticed they don't even carry the JBL S series speakers anymore... They do carry the Northridge E-series but they didn't have them hooked up yet.....Anyone know anything about this line??? How do they compare to the S series...etc...

2. Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley Second Unit

The E-series is replacing the N-series in the Northridge line. The S-series has been discontinued and is being replaced sometime next year with a new line of studio speaker. More expensive,I've heard. Better than the old S-series? I guess we'll find out when they make it into the stores.

3. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

The E Series full name is the Northridge E Series, and their specs closely resemble those of the previous Northridge Series (including Northridge II).

One difference is that the E Series is available in beech and cherry finishes, as was the Studio Series.

4. Burki

Burki Agent

Angelo do you think will e90`s sound good with Onkyo`s 601 receiver?

I will use them in a small room (20 m square)

5. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

Burki:

You're asking the wrong guy, for two reasons. First, there's no way to know how things will sound in your room, with your associated equipment and your software, without trying it yourself. Second, I'm not one who believes that the receiver plays a large (or any truly significant) role in shaping the sound you experience.

That said, as long as the 601 delivers adequate power to the E90s, they ought to perform well.

The E90s aren't far off from the N38IIs, of which I have a couple of pair, one connected to an NAD receiver and the other to a H/K, and the speakers perform well in both setups.

There's only one way to know for sure, my friend.

6. Norman L

Norman L Second Unit

I was told that the Studio S36IIPM (Platium/silver color) is not discontinued.