JBL Cinema sound series

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by jackNi, Jun 18, 2006.

1. jackNi

jackNi Auditioning

Do any of you own/heard or read any reviews for the Cinema sound series?
    Shortly 4 X CST55 + CSC55 + CSS10
    Do you think they are overpriced... Any expert ideas?

thanks in advance...

2. Shane K

Shane K Agent

Home Theater Mag just gave them a fairly glowing review in their July issue. Overall score of 93. Interestingly the reveiwer commented that they were very tame, neutral sounding speakers compared to most other similar designed towers. If it's like most JBL product I'm sure you can find them at an internet dealer for quite a bit less than MSRP.

Kinger

3. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

I cannot believe JBL did not put out some sort of bookshelf/wall-mount surround speaker for them.

4. andySu

andySu Cinematographer

Not sure how to answer this question, but I’ll say I do have one Cinema sub bass that proudly up front in the home cinema, the JBL 4645, with a newer 2242H driver, she packs a real punch and will play down below 20Hz!

I wish I had the dosh to buy three JBL 4675-A! now that is all you need to hear motion picture soundtracks at there finest, and it will take a great deal of hammering to break these beauties in! I mine with a active X over and set-up for “B-chain” lower lows and higher highs is the preferred choice!

However I do own a few more JBL loudspeakers, some 15” bass sub bass drivers professional. As for my home cinema set-up JBL Control 5, three-screen with a two more JBL Control 5 that I will place in channels 2 & 4 hopeful this year.

For the surrounds I use JBL Control 1’s x8 in all at the present moment, two on each sidewall, and four on the back wall, with a further x8 to install.