What's new

JBL Cinema ProPack Series (1 Viewer)

KyleRoussel

Stunt Coordinator
Specifically, I'm wondering about the receiver for this combo. If you look, the buttons are curiously placed in the same locations as any HK X20 receiver. Except that it's 100wpc. Does anyone have any experiences with this thing? It's not like I'm going to buy it or anything, I'm just totally curious about this machine...Thanks!

Doug_Wes

Auditioning
I looked at one of those systems at Best Buy... it was an "Open Box" item and they had it priced at $599. That's about the same price as a comparable HK receiver... yet it's complete with the all the speakers and a nice DVD player (which also looks strangely like an HK).

Harman Industries owns JBL, so obviously the electronics are similar. The Best Buy salesman told me the receiver and DVD player were exactly the same as HK models (which obviously isn't true... the rear panels are totally different). Circuit City, the HK dealer, said they aren't the same at all (which also obviously isn't true... there are just too many similarities).

I ended up with a Marantz receiver... but I'm sorta curious about this too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.