What's new

JBL / Altec A2 V.O.T.T. (1 Viewer)

Guy Strem

Auditioning
Think you'll enjoy this. A 16 channel Yamaha mixer runs everything, and got some Peavey SP-2G's and some 15" sub cabinets for surround sound - that aren't in the photo. We play ping pong out there and jam w/ the guitars and keyboard all the time. It's very loud. The TV is a 61" Mitsubishi. My wife calls it the Man Cave. The 7 foot tall Altec Voice of the Theater cabinets were first made in 1946.

Hostboard.com Your Message Board Partner:: Man Cave

Guy Strem

Auditioning
Not only do I need a bigger TV, ............ I need a newer, nicer TV.

It's just that most of the focus in that room is on the music and not the video. I bought those big Altec Lansing Voice of the Theater speakers about 25 years ago. I've even got the original "wings" for them.

Here's a photo of one of them standing up, with wings. It's called an A2.

A2/A4 VOTT

I have two of them....... so there are eight 15" woofers.

For a speaker that was first sold in 1946 it really, really rocks. That cabinet design stayed the same for nearly 50 years. It's one of the most efficient cabinets on planet Earth - to this day. From about 60 to 500Hz, it's sensitivity is 108db at 1 watt. You could play a clock radio through them and they would be loud.

chuckg

Supporting Actor

Yes, 'tis true! In fact, back in the days when I did audio installs, we checked big @ss speakers with a little 9-volt portable radio. It's quite humorous to see a gargantuan sub pounding away with a little stinky radio plugged in!

You should see what happens when you plug the speaker straight into a 120 volt wall outlet......impressive.

Guy Strem

Auditioning
Got to sit down and figure it out, ....... but I don't really have that much $$
invested in the entire system. You'd be surprised....... I will add it all up
sometime this weekend.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Have you thought about going with a projection system? I think cost wise it would be cheaper and you could place the A-5 partially behind a perferated projection screen. All I can say is dam those other speakers are huge! :eek:

They sure do take up alot of room, and I though my A-7's took up alot of room. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks