What's new

JBL 5.1 SCS135SI speakers (1 Viewer)

David C Lin

Stunt Coordinator
Recently I purchased a JBL 5.1 SCS135SI home theater speaker set from the online store JandR.com. When I setup the speakers with my new Onkyo DR-C500 DVD Receiver and played my favorite movies, I can hear some low background noise from my two JBL surround speakers. How do I know this? I turned off the volume of the receiver, then press my ear against each of the 5 speakers. I don't hear any sound from my center, left, and right speakers. But I could hear some noise from my surround speakers. Has anyone who purchased this JBL model encounter this? Is this normal that surround speakers make this type of noise? Is the problem due to the length of the speaker cable wires?

Bill_Wil

Stunt Coordinator
It is normal for you to hear a faint hissing sound coming from the speakers when you put your ear very close. I'm surprised you dont hear it from all of the speakers but it really isnt a problem unless its something that you can hear from a distance. I've posted this exact question before and read about it on other forums as well.

David C Lin

Stunt Coordinator
Great. Thanks for your reply. It puts my mind to ease that there isn't anything wrong with my speakers.

Regarding the front speakers not making noise, I will try testing it again when I get a chance. Maybe there is a small noise and in the haste of testing the speakers, I missed it.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Speakers on their own don't make noise - It's the electronics upstream. Swap out one of the fronts for the rears to test....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks