What's new

jbl 2206's for sub? (1 Viewer)

Randy Noel

Stunt Coordinator
A friend has 4 JBL 2206 professional drivers, and wants to use them to build a sub for his FP theater. Is there any scenario where he can put these to good use, or is there no way these will go low enough? He has a wedge-shaped storage space to one side of his screen area that measures 116" deep x 55" tall x 66" wide (hard to explain -- like 2 right triangles 66" base, 55" tall, approx. 86" hypotenuse, 116" apart.) Any way to use these drivers in this space to produce any decent bass? This is like the blind leading the blind, me trying to advise my friend, so I'm looking for a little help! Thanks!

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Trying to force them to play low will likely destroy them.

Might see what they can be sold for...

Randy Noel

Stunt Coordinator
That's what I was afraid of. What would be the best market for these? Audiogon, ebay. etc.? Any idea what he could use in the space I described? Would 2 Atlas 15's do a good job?

Randy Noel

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I'm going to try and sell these for him, and if they sell, I think he'll go for two of the Atlas 15's using his storage space as the enclosure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks