What's new

Jay Farrar - Sebastopol track listing (1 Viewer)

KrisM

Second Unit
I finally got around to buying this and after my first listen I am impressed. The one question I have is what is up with the track listings? There are 17 listed on the cover but only 14 on the disc. Do I have a defective disc or is this just poor quality control?

Regards

Kris

MatS

Screenwriter
Kris, great record indeed. When you say there are 17 tracks listed on the cover, are you refering to the back of the cd?? The initial pressing of the cd included 3 bonus tracks, Fortissimo Wah (track 11), Equalibrium (track 15) and Make It Alright (track 10). If your cd only has the 14 tracks but all 17 listed it is probably a quality control issue with the packaging.

Paul D Young

Second Unit
I got 17 tracks listed and 17 tracks on the disc. Didn't know they were "bonus" tracks though. Thanks for the info.

KrisM

Second Unit
This is strange. I have the bonus tracks that you speak of and the back and inside covers list 17 songs, but my cd player only shows 14. There was also a song that stopped quickly. It didn't sound right to me but this is kind of an experimental album for Farrar so it may be intentional.

The cover also lists Kelly Joe Phelps as playing slide guitar on track 14 but there is no slide at all on track 14, just some sitar-like sounds. There is some slide that sounds like Phelps on another track though(I'll have to listen again, I can't remember which track).

It almost seems as if the extra songs are included in the track listing but are not actual cd tracks.

Can anybody else help? I don't want to be stuck with a crappy disc.

Thanks

KrisM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.