Jaws LD documentray?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JeremySt, Apr 29, 2002.

1. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    I own the DTS DVD of Jaws. Way back when, I remember seeing the documentary on the laserdisc, and loving it. When I got the DVD, I knew it was shortened, and was a little bummed.

My brother has the 2 tape VHS edition of this film, which also contains the docuentary. On the tape, the documentary is longer than on the DVD. Is that the full documentary as it appeared on the LD? Or is the LD the only way to get the full version?

2. Scott David

Scott David Stunt Coordinator

So far, the LD box set is the only way to get the full-length docu. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Universal eventually re-released "Jaws" as a 2-DVD Ultimate Edition, with the uncut docu and--hopefully--the original mono soundtrack on it.

3. Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon Screenwriter

The DVD also had fewer outtakes and deleted scenes in the supplement than the LD had, totally leaving out the hilariously inept scene of Quint's assistant quitting and refusing to go on the shark hunt (they hired a local for this and he couldn't act a lick).

4. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I think that the large CAV still frame gallery may be missing on the DVD also. This includes the "MAD" magazine cover and other hilarious spoofs.