What's new

Jaws Being Released In Theaters in 3D…3D Blu ray coming? (1 Viewer)

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I don't get it, what's with all the negative feedback about something that in no way impacts those not interested in 3D?

I've read where some have complained and are tired about 3D enthusiasts jumping into threads pleading for the resurgence of 3D. Well in this case it is just the opposite, for no valid reason some have felt the need to come in and "crap" on this thread. It's referencing a 3D conversion already slated to be released. It has no impact on the non-3D version. If you aren't interested, then don't respond, let it go.

Personally, I have no interest in UHD or HDR. Given that, I don't jump into UHD/HDR threads trying to rain on the parade with negativity towards its use. I respect it and those with an interest in it. No reason non-3D folks can't do the same for 3D directed threads.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I don't get it, what's with all the negative feedback about something that in no way impacts those not interested in 3D?

I've read where some have complained and are tired about 3D enthusiasts jumping into threads pleading for the resurgence of 3D. Well in this case it is just the opposite, for no valid reason some have felt the need to come in and "crap" on this thread. It's referencing a 3D conversion already slated to be released. It has no impact on the non-3D version. If you aren't interested, then don't respond, let it go.

Personally, I have no interest in UHD or HDR. Given that, I don't jump into UHD/HDR threads trying to rain on the parade with negativity towards its use. I respect it and those with an interest in it. No reason non-3D folks can't do the same for 3D directed threads.
Right, I don't get it either. The lack of empathy for those that don't share your POV or interest is coming into play here. If you're not interested in 3-D then let it go and move on. Stop raining on the parade for those that are interested in 3-D.

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
That will not stop the now quite tiny faction of members here who still pray for 3D Jesus to come back and save this format from crawling out of the woodwork every couple of years. Instead of...you know...admitting they wasted their money.

Don't bother arguing with them. I gave up years ago and let karma do its work.
Why should anyone admit they wasted their money? Did you waste your money? I watch my 3D Blu-rays more than the non 3D dics. It's money well-spent, for me. Your post makes no sense. This thread is about 3D. Why are you posting if you have no interest in, or hate the process? What's your point, exactly? You don't like it, so no one else should? Very odd, to say the least.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
That will not stop the now quite tiny faction of members here who still pray for 3D Jesus to come back and save this format from crawling out of the woodwork every couple of years. Instead of...you know...admitting they wasted their money.

Don't bother arguing with them. I gave up years ago and let karma do its work.

I always kind of felt that members who posted here and elsewhere about their negative feelings for 3D helped kill the format a little among studios, who possibly visit here to read feedback about their releases. Next time, perhaps take a deep breath, and see if you can find a way to be more supportive of other people at HTF. I am personally aligned with the "quite tiny faction of members here" who wish the format would survive or come back. There is no "3D Jesus," but I think there may well be a 3D Satan...perhaps you know him?

And...I did NOT waste my money. There are certainly some titles that were disappointing and even a few I sold off for technical reasons, but I still own 230 of them and a terrific t.v. and player to run them on. If you ever travel to Maine, stop on by and watch one with me! Otherwise, please refrain from emptying your verbal trash into a thread that is clearly pro-3D. You're right to suggest not "to bother arguing" with us, yet that is exactly what you are doing when you go out of your way to compose a post here that offers absolutely no benefit to anyone, but only denigration for fellow members.

How's that for karma?

Last edited:

Kilgore

Agent
Real Name
Glen Morgan
I am reminded of seeing Jaws 3D in the theaters on release way back when. It was pretty terrible, but at least some of the 3D was ok. I remember this particularly because after it was over, we ran into some other friends who were there. One of them said the whole thing was stupid, it didn't look 3D at all. We had to explain to him it was because he had a glass eye. DOH!

Just one of those memories of my younger years.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Wait, what? I saw a trailer for the IMAX Jaws before Nope this morning and there was no mention of it being in 3D.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Wait, what? I saw a trailer for the IMAX Jaws before Nope this morning and there was no mention of it being in 3D.

It hasn’t been 100% confirmed that this is the arrangement but the best guess is that it’s playing in both IMAX 2D and RealD 3D, but not IMAX 3D. So your choice is either IMAX or 3D, not both.

It’s possible that there may be limited IMAX 3D showings at select locations but I don’t think we’ll know that for sure until showtimes are published, which usually happens a week or so before opening.

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
One of them said the whole thing was stupid, it didn't look 3D at all. We had to explain to him it was because he had a glass eye. DOH!
This reminded me a time I was shopping for a 3D TV at Best Buy and the sales guy told me that 3D TV was a waste of money and I should just get a good plasma set. It was all a gimmick and when I pressed him to watch the demo here at the store with me he said he only had vision in one eye. It's these kinds of sales techniques and in store and halfhearted promotion from manufactures that quickly ended when they didn't make a billion in profit the first two quarters that helped kill off 3D TV.
Quote Reply
Report Edit

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
I always kind of felt that members who posted here and elsewhere about their negative feelings for 3D helped kill the format a little among studios, who possibly visit here to read feedback about their releases.
Back in the day when I did contact Disney about the terrible way they were pricing and releasing 3D Blu-Rays. (This was back when you actually got actual human responses to your e-mails) I got the distinct impression this was true as I was told that consumers were telling them and they were hearing that they didn't like 3D, which sounded fishy to me because no one was forcing it on them. My theory was that there was at least one manger in the physical media department that was a 3D hater and used anything they could to make profits from 3D releases look bad so as to prove to higher ups that dropping it would save them a fortune and make this manager look good. Just a feeling but they certainly never had a coherent plan with their bizarre haphazard release schedule of 3D Blu-Rays.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
1i.jpg

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Well the press release didn't mention IMAX 3D at all but I will be very pleased if it’s shown that way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks