What's new

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Watching the UHD now. Sure looks nice. I don’t know if this has been discussed- there’s a glaring mistake made by the prop master early on in the film. I will be surprised if those who watch this film on a regular basis doesn’t know what the mistake is.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Watching the UHD now. Sure looks nice. I don’t know if this has been discussed- there’s a glaring mistake made by the prop master early on in the film. I will be surprised if those who watch this film on a regular basis doesn’t know what the mistake is.
Don’t make me strain my brain looking for it. What is it?

PS: There’s a huge error in Aliens that Cameron admits he didn’t see and it made it into the movie.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I don’t know how to apply a spoiler tag, so what I’ll say is the mistake is when Brody is typing the accident report on the first victim, Chrissie.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I don’t know how to apply a spoiler tag, so what I’ll say is the mistake is when Brody is typing the accident report on the first victim, Chrissie.
See that menu selection on the right with 3 vertical dots and 3 vertical lines? Click on that and you’ll find the spoiler tags.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
There are a number of mistakes in that typing scene:

Dates and times of Chrissie's death and the discovery of her body don't seem right. She enters the water at sunset/dusk (which would be around 9-9:30pm), but time of death is listed as near midnight (11:50pm). Discovery of her body is listed as late at night (10:20pm) rather than morning. And the date of death (July 1) does not make sense with the death of the Kintner boy which occurs after Chrissie's, but is said on posters for the reward to have occurred on June 29.

I suppose time of death might be inexact, as no one witnessed the attack or knew she was actually dead until her body was discovered the following day. But the date of death compared to Kintner and time of the discovery of the body should be accurate.

"Coroner" is also misspelled as "corner" (not once, but twice).

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Noticed that years ago. One of the only flubs in the film I think.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
So the scene came and went and I was totally involved in the film and only saw “SHARK ATTACK.” I’ll keep it that way.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
So the scene came and went and I was totally involved in the film and only saw “SHARK ATTACK.” I’ll keep it that way.
Yeah, even after reading that on IMDB years ago, I never looked for it or noticed it. And I'm the person who is really bothered by the idiot extra that's smiling as he runs into the water after Alex Kinter is attacked.

F-this guy :)
20 daft extras who nearly spoiled their scenes

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Yeah, even after reading that on IMDB years ago, I never looked for it or noticed it. And I'm the person who is really bothered by the idiot extra that's smiling as he runs into the water after Alex Kinter is attacked.

View attachment 73790

I know what you mean. During the kids with the fake fin scene, there is a teenage kid wearing a white shirt and white pants laughing as everyone is screaming and running out of the water. I watch him every. single. time.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

View attachment 73790
I have noticed idiot extras like this guy in most movies made prior to the CG visual effects revolution.

KMR

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin
I have noticed idiot extras like this guy in most movies made prior to the CG visual effects revolution.

The one that always bothered me was some moron in the crowd waving a white handkerchief at the camera in the final shot in King Kong (1976).

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Loving the new disc. Enhanced colors, contrast and detail. There are some sequences that have excessive grain, which I suppose is to be expected. The sequence where Brody gets onto the car ferry with Vaughn and the Amity councilors following appears to lose detail from too much grain when compared to the 1080p disc.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Amazon let me put it in my cart but then when I tried to buy it it kept saying this item is no longer available from the dealer you selected.

I was able to purchase a copy from my local best buy for store pickup later at $9.99. But if Amazon or Best Buy were just price matching each other, I'd suggest acting quickly.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Amazon let me put it in my cart but then when I tried to buy it it kept saying this item is no longer available from the dealer you selected.
Same thing happened to me. I ordered from Best Buy instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks