Todd Erwin

Producer
Reviewer
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Really interesting that, at the end of the credits, a title card came up saying Stay Tuned for Bonus Features...and one of the extras started playing automatically. I don't remember that happening before.
Universal releases have been doing that ever since they changed their menu design, with bonus features listed in a column on the far right, about a year ago.

Reactions: PMF and Jason_V

Lord Dalek

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Early thoughts: Quality is good. Not a major improvement on the existing blu but its the same raw transfer so that's to be expected. I never bought into that claim that the blu had a DNR pass done to it so any added sharpness (and it isn't much) i think is the result of higher bit rate and much better compression. Nice having most of the extras on the 4k disc for once and ENCODED AT THE RIGHT FRAME RATE FOR ONCE (this has always irritated me with Universal's upscales of archival extras so its good to see it done correctly here).

Its an improvement but its subtle, which makes sense as Jaws was the first Universal catalog BR to really address a lot of the problems inherent in their old transfers.

Tino

Film Editor
Premium
Real Name
Valentino
It's not a subtle improvement on my 65" OLED. It's a beautiful looking and sounding disc!
I agree. I have the same setup and imo the difference between the old Blu( which looked nice) and the new UHD is very noticeable in every area. Very satisfied.

Paul Bosquet

Agent
Real Name
Paul
Preordered on April 26, supposed to arrive by 8pm today. However checking Amazon status shows it hasn’t shipped yet and they appear to be out of stock. BestBuy also appears to be out.

Reactions: Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I assume Wally World will have this title in stock- I’ll likely pick up a copy there.

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Senior HTF Member
Twenty years...doing then math, I think you have that pretty close to spot on. I bought my first DVD player in May of 2000... :eek:
When they announced this disc, I was struck by that the wonderful 20th anniversary laserdisc set was now 25 years old. It's even older than the movie originally was when the LD set was made.

Reactions: Tino

Scott Merryfield

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
I just received an email notification from Amazon that there's been a delay in shipping my order, which was originally scheduled for delivery today. So I guess we will not be watching Jaws tomorrow evening as I had hoped. :(

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Senior HTF Member
I ordered mine 2 months ago and I'm only getting it today so my guess is that they simply don't bother to ship discs so they arrive on release date any more because sales aren't as good as other stuff. However, I'm sure if I contacted them, they would still use the pandemic as an excuse.

Reactions: Johnny Angell

Carlo Medina

Executive Producer
Senior HTF Member
Amazon's delivery estimates have been all over the place since the pandemic hit. In both directions. I've had things I thought should be "slam dunks" arrive much later. I've had other things that were estimated to be weeks away delivered in days.

Jason_V

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I ordered mine 2 months ago and I'm only getting it today so my guess is that they simply don't bother to ship discs so they arrive on release date any more because sales aren't as good as other stuff. However, I'm sure if I contacted them, they would still use the pandemic as an excuse.
My original delivery date was today (Thursday). I was shocked as heck when Jaws and Short Treks showed up on Tuesday. I was 100% expecting today.

Reactions: TravisR

Wayne_j

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
There has also been a delay in shipping my order.

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
I didn't order my 4K Steelbook from BB until May 21st, and I thought when doing so it would be delayed. However, I got it yesterday and watched it immediately.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freewheelinhippie