What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
To commemorate the 45th anniversary of the film Jaws, Universal has released the film in Limited Edition packaging and in 4k UHD with Dolby Atmos audio.

Jaws (1975)

Released: 20 Jun 1975
Rated: PG
Runtime: 124 min

Director: Steven Spielberg
Genre: Adventure, Drama, Thriller

Cast: Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw, Richard Dreyfuss, Lorraine Gary
Writer(s): Peter Benchley (screenplay), Carl Gottlieb (screenplay), Peter Benchley (based on the novel by)

Plot: When a killer shark unleashes chaos on a beach community, it's up to a local sheriff, a marine biologist, and an old seafarer to hunt the beast down.

IMDB rating: 8.0
MetaScore: 87

Disc Information

Studio: Universal
Distributed By: N/A
Video...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Does the shark look more rubbery than ever in 4K? I thought it looked fake back in 1975 as no fish moves like that. A fun flick though- like an amusement ride.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It is that adventure and how the three men have to work together to survive that the three sequels ...
Seems like there's something missing here?

Will probably pick this up at some point, but I've bought the film so many times over the years, and seem to mostly watch it on cable TV rather than in my HT, that I'm in no hurry.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Seems like there's something missing here?

Will probably pick this up at some point, but I've bought the film so many times over the years, and seem to mostly watch it on cable TV rather than in my HT, that I'm in no hurry.
Thanks for catching that, Malcolm. Something got lost in my attempt to copy and paste my review, but it is fixed now.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Glad to see that this likely didn’t suffer from the same black levels problem that The Deer Hunter 4K release does.

mlambro

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt Lambro
Definitely need to pick this up. My second favorite Spielberg film behind Close Encounters.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks for the review, Todd. I do not pre-order very many titles these days, but when the price dropped to under $20 at Amazon I immediately placed an order. After all, it's frickin' Jaws ! :) Hopefully my order shows up sometime next week.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If the Blu-ray release is the same as the 2011 disc, I have no need to pick this up as I am not 4K equipped right now. Thanks for including that information, Todd. For the rest of you who are UHD equipped, I'm very glad it appears to be a great disc.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Reminder: If you receive your copy prior to street date DO NOT REDEEM YOUR MOVIES ANYWHERE CODE before verifying that it will redeem in UHD. I checked my code again today and it is showing as HD. You can check your code by either logging out of your Movies Anywhere account or opening a incognito/private browsing window, click redeem at the top of the page and enter the code.
MA-Jaws.jpg

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Reminder: If you receive your copy prior to street date DO NOT REDEEM YOUR MOVIES ANYWHERE CODE before verifying that it will redeem in UHD. I checked my code again today and it is showing as HD. You can check your code by either logging out of your Movies Anywhere account or opening a incognito/private browsing window, click redeem at the top of the page and enter the code.
View attachment 73449
Pretty sure @Ronald Epstein redeemed at MA without any issues.

[IMG alt="Ronald Epstein"]https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/data/avatars/o/269/269895.jpg?1587751905[/IMG]
Ronald Epstein
Founder

Owner
JoinedJul 3, 1997Messages55,539Reaction score11,250Points9,110Real NameRonald Epstein
Today at 2:51
No problem redeeming my digital code for MA on this title unlike the initial difficulties with THE BLUES BROTHERS

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Pretty sure @Ronald Epstein redeemed at MA without any issues.

[IMG alt="Ronald Epstein"]https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/data/avatars/o/269/269895.jpg?1587751905[/IMG]
Ronald Epstein
Founder

Owner
JoinedJul 3, 1997Messages55,539Reaction score11,250Points9,110Real NameRonald Epstein
Today at 2:51
No problem redeeming my digital code for MA on this title unlike the initial difficulties with THE BLUES BROTHERS
If that's the case, it is even more important to verify prior to redemption, as it appears some copies went out with HD codes in error.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
OK, it looks like my code was finally corrected, as it just redeemed as 4K. I still recommend verifying first before redeeming....
View attachment 73449

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I received the following response from Universal's Digital Copy Support regarding my issues with redeeming my Movies Anywhere code:
Hello,

We do apologize, but at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic there is a delay in offering 4K UHD content on this feature.

Thank You,

Universal Digital Copy Support
Still waiting to hear back from Universal All-Access Rewards regarding my invalid rewards codes for both JAWS and The Invisible Man.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I received the following response from Universal's Digital Copy Support regarding my issues with redeeming my Movies Anywhere code:

Still waiting to hear back from Universal All-Access Rewards regarding my invalid rewards codes for both JAWS and The Invisible Man.
Well, you know it does take extra time to carve out those extra bits. ;)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I admittedly was not keeping a close eye on the transfer when I watched last night, but nothing jumped out at me as being a problem.

Really interesting that, at the end of the credits, a title card came up saying Stay Tuned for Bonus Features...and one of the extras started playing automatically. I don't remember that happening before.

Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks