Jaws 3 on dvd?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RickyGl, Feb 23, 2002.

1. RickyGl

RickyGl Auditioning

we have 1 and 2 plus an ok copy of Jaws the revenge from goodtimes.Anyone hear if Universal is working on this?

2. Walt Riarson

Walt Riarson Supporting Actor

Hopefully it'll be in 3-D.

3. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    Or at the very least have BOTH 3-D and 2-D versions on a dual layered disc. I know 3-D is a problem on video, but I've seen it work reasonably well and honestly, the 3-D is 75% of the fun for this movie.

4. Blake Comeaux

Blake Comeaux Stunt Coordinator

Well Jaws 3 is available in region 2 & 4 (along with The Revenge) and both are anamorphic. So maybe we have a chance.

5. Oswald Pascual

Oswald Pascual Second Unit

Anamorphic 3D would be the only reason I would buy this. Fingers crossed. [​IMG]

6. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

Yes, I agree that all JAWS 3-D has going for it is the stereoscopic aspect. I think JAWS 3-D was one of the all time great titles and concepts, but the actual film was a mess. It could have been amazing in the right hands.
    Universal prepared an OAR 3-D video version in the Field Sequential format (using the electronic glasses like the IMAX DVDs from Slingshot) years ago for Japanese release, and it works very well. I would love to see a remastered version on DVD. They also made a red/blue anaglyph 3-D (and OAR) downconversion for a one time TV broadcast overseas. While this would be the simplest way to go, I hope they don't. The superior field sequential version is the way to go, and they can always include a flat version as well for those who don't have the 3-D set up. (You can see still images from this version at www.3dcompany.com, by the way. Have some red/blue glasses ready.)

7. Steve Phillips

For those looking to see the images of the red/blue downconversion of JAWS 3-D, this link might work better www.d3.com. Have red/blue glasses ready!

8. Raymond Johnson

Raymond Johnson Stunt Coordinator

I have'nt seen this in years. It is pretty bad,but at least has some camp value.
    A OAR 3-D release would be the only way to get me to purchase this film...as i've seen it to many times on TV as a kid,that it got really boring.

9. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

Is it possible to have 3D movies in colour on TV? I thought it always worked via polarised light so is there a different method for TV?

10. Steve Phillips

Yes, full color stereoscopic 3-D is possible on TV using a "field sequential" set up. Sounds complicated, but it isn't really. A small box connects to a pair of LCD glasses which allows excellent 3-D at home. Wireless units are also available at a slightly higher cost. The cheapest way right now to get the set up is by purchasing THE ULTIMATE 3-D COLLECTOR's GIFT SET, which includes three 3-D DVDS , the box and 2 pairs of glasses all for around $70.00 US. Amazon.com sells them, as does DVD Planet.com, Tower Records, and many others. You can even shoot your own home movies in this 3-D format via a lens that can attach to any camcorder!