What's new

3D Jaws 3-D blu-ray delayed (?) (1 Viewer)

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
I received an email from Amazon today that my order of Jaws 3 had been delayed. No reason was given, nor was a new date. I don't know if this also applies to the other Jaws blu-rays that are coming out. Anyone else heard something similar?

MikeDE

Second Unit
I also got the Amazon email saying it was delayed. Best Buy lists Jaws3 blu-ray being released today, but nothing about it being 3D. I hope it hasn't been cancelled.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
I received an email from Amazon today that my order of Jaws 3 had been delayed. No reason was given, nor was a new date. I don't know if this also applies to the other Jaws blu-rays that are coming out. Anyone else heard something similar?
Amazon.com originally had two Jaws 3-D pre-order listings. One was for $9.99 and the other for $14.98. They then temporarily discounted the $14.98 one down to $9.99 for Price Guarantee protection. They are now shipping that one (price is now $14.98 again) "in Stock" and delaying the other one. Suggest you call them before cancelling your order for bargaining purposes.

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
Amazon.com originally had two Jaws 3-D pre-order listings. One was for $9.99 and the other for $14.98. They then temporarily discounted the $14.98 one down to $9.99 for Price Guarantee protection. They are now shipping that one (price is now $14.98 again) "in Stock" and delaying the other one. Suggest you call them before cancelling your order for bargaining purposes.

Ah, so it's just Amazon, not a delay on the title. Well, that's a relief. I though maybe something was wrong with the discs. I just approved the order, so I suppose I'll get it when i get it. Hopefully not too long a delay.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I received my order (Jaws 2, 3, Revenge) from Amazon yesterday. All were pre-ordered at $10 each, but I see they are now all back up to $15.

Transfers are all very nice improvements over the DVDs. Although not indicated on the packaging, Revenge does have an alternate ending, which is actually the original theatrical ending. While both endings are terrible, I've always preferred the original. Its quality on the blu-ray is the same as the main feature, so it would have been nice to have it reinstated into the film where it belongs, and had the ending used for the original 1987 video release included as the bonus alternate ending, or better yet, utilized seamless branching as an option. Still nice to have the franchise finally completed on blu.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
With the double listings for two pricing levels, the inventory problems (didn't somebody, like, count the pre-orders?), not to mention the lack of clear labeling for fear of actually, you know, admitting they're including a 3-D version of one film or the alternate ending of another... it's been another beautiful clusterfuck of a release. :)

MattHR

Screenwriter
FYI: Jaws 3 is "in stock" at BestBuy for $9.99. Would still have to check the back-cover to make sure the 3D version is included as the "special feature" on the disc.

The 3D version is definitely on the disc, but noted only on the back cover as a "bonus feature". You'd think it would have been prominently announced on the front cover. A non-indicated theatrical teaser is also included.

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
I I preordered back in April and got the delayed email. I have called and demanded a supervisor because this is the fourth time this has happened since January . After telling him he needed to refund my Prime--I feel I pay too much to not get what I pay for--he offered to send me a free copy of the movie. Ok. I'll take that. I won't get it until tomorrow but at least it won't cost me.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I got no email and it is out for delivery today. I double checked and they charged me $9.99.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
So what's the best method on Amazon to switch to the SKU that's in stock and get them to honor the 9.99 that I pre ordered for. Because it appears I have to cancel my original order and re-order (don't know why this wouldn't have been done automatically)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
So what's the best method on Amazon to switch to the SKU that's in stock and get them to honor the 9.99 that I pre ordered for. Because it appears I have to cancel my original order and re-order (don't know why this wouldn't have been done automatically)

Reach out to their customer service via their live chat or phone. I did that and they had me reorder the new one with one day shipping, and asked me for the order number afterwards. Then they credited the price difference and shipping, and had me cancel the old order afterwards.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Reach out to their customer service via their live chat or phone. I did that and they had me reorder the new one with one day shipping, and asked me for the order number afterwards. Then they credited the price difference and shipping, and had me cancel the old order afterwards.

Well I don't know who you or others talked to, but this is what I got

Me: Hello, I have an issue with an order I placed. May need help from price match dept.

April: Hello, my name is April. I'm here to help you today.

Me:Hi. Name is

April:To further assist you on this issue, I'll be happy to transfer you to our Amazon Pricing Chat. . One moment please.

A Customer Service Associate will be with you in a moment.

You are now connected to Sameena from Amazon.com

Sameena:Hello, my name is Sameena. I'm here to help you today.

Me:Hi. In regards to ORDER # I have an order on it that appears to have been replaced by a new SKU. I pre ordered for 9.99 and price of active SKU is 14.99. I would like to re order at my original pre order price

Sameena:Could you confirm if you are referring to the order of, Jaws 3

Me:Correct

Sameena:Could you confirm if you wish to place an order for the same item?

Me:Yes, but at my original pre order price of 9.99 as opposed to the current 14.99 price

We work hard to find the best prices out there and match them for all customers every day. Our prices do change over time. With the exception of TVs, Amazon.com doesn't offer price-match adjustments.

Me:I understand, but this was an item I ordered from Amazon for 9.99 and the SKU appears to have been replaced be another SKU that is showing in stock, I would simply like to replace my order with that SKU at the same pre order price

Sameena:I am sorry but since the SKU is unavailable, the option to do so would not be available.

Me:The new SKU is for the same product
My original pre order price should be honored

Sameena:I am afraid the option would not be available., Hope you understand.

Me:I understand what you are saying, but I do not understand the situation and why my price cannot be adjusted appropriately for a SKU that appears to have been deactivated. If you cannot make the appropriate changes, may I speak with a supervisor?
Also, I am a Prime member

Sameena:I am sorry but my supervisor would tell you the same.

Would you still want to speak to the supervisor?

Me:Please

A Customer Service Associate will be with you in a moment.

Adil:Hello, my name is Adil. I'm a member of the leadership team here at Amazon.com. I'll be happy to help you today.

Adil: I've jst checked the previous chat.
I understand that you would like to place an order for "Jaws 3 [Blu-ray] " for the same price.

Me:Yes, the SKU I preordered seems to be inactive, but there is a SKU for the same product that is in stock. I would like to receive that at the same pre order price that I had locked in for 9.99

Adil:Our prices do change over time. With the exception of TVs, Amazon.com doesn't offer post-purchase adjustments.

Me:I don't know why the mix up between SKUs occurred, but I should be able to receive the item for the same price
it is clear in my order history when I placed the order and the price I ordered that.
There should be no reason I should not have the same currently in stock item sent to me at that price

Adil:The item which you've ordered will be delivered to you once it becomes available.
and you will only be charged $9.99 for the current order

Me:Frankly I don't understand why my order wasn't automatically updated with the in stock identical item

Adil:The item which you've placed is " Temporarily out of stock. "

Me:I understand but why can't I have the identical product that is listed as in stock sent to me for the same price.

Adil:As informed we won't be able to honor Price difference

Me:Why is this not possible for the same item?

Adil:It is a different item

Me:It is the same item. I have been informed by others that this correction was granted to them

Adil:Please check the ASINs.
We work hard to find the best prices out there and match them for all customers every day. Our prices do change over time. With the exception of TVs, Amazon.com doesn't offer post-purchase adjustments.

Me:Regardless of any product code, the actual item is identical

Adil:I am sorry we can only send the item which you've ordered.

Me:It is the item I ordered

Adil:You've placed for the below item and it is "Temporarily out of stock." : Jaws 3 [Blu-ray] ASIN: B01DVALT6O

Me:Best Buy has a price for 9.99. I prefer to order from Amazon because of my prime membership. But if this simple order issue cannot be resolved, I'll have to order from them.
I am dissapointed in this level of service, I consider this to be a very clear case of a simple product replacement between what I preordered vs an identical item that is currently in stock. This should be an easily resolvable issue.

I am sorry but as i've informed, we can only deliver the item which you ordered.

Me: Normally I would understand, but in this case I think it should be very clear that at some point there was a SKU replacement and that I'm only asking for the identical item at the same pre order price.

Adil: I do understand your concern, but as informed , Amazon.com doesn't offer post-purchase adjustments.

Me:I do not consider this a post purchase adjustment. Thank you for your time

Adil: You’re welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Me:No

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I initially tried emailing them and got a version of that answer, and then when it asked me if the email had been helpful and I clicked no, it encouraged me to either chat or call. I didn't save my chat transcript or I'd include it for you. The only thing I can think to say is try again.

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
I had some luck just now with Jaws 3 and Amazon on the phone. It took half an hour, but they eventually applied a $5 promotional certificate to the $14.98 in stock item, which I will now be getting on Thursday. So I agree with Josh. Try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks