What's new

Jaws 2 (1978) (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Although the shark unfortunately looks way more fake in Jaws 2.
Eh, I think most of the shots work but showing it more undeniably does show more of the seams and mistakes.

Some wonderfully crazy fan cut together all the shots of the shark in Jaws 2 in this video:

The one that I think gives it away is at 3:01 where the shark is between Brody's boat and the kids' wrecked boats. It's too far out of the water so you can tell it's just on a track. I know people point to the shot where they're pulling Mike into the boat but I love that shot of the shark (even with the mouth).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think the shark is a noticeable downgrade from Jaws.

But still way better than Jaws 3 and Revenge!:lol:
What do you mean? This doesn't look real to you?!
jaws-3d-feature.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
For some reason, the Jaws 3 stuff still weirds me out. It's fake as hell, but I can't focus on that picture. Maybe it's because Jaws 3 is the first one in the series I saw.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
For some reason, the Jaws 3 stuff still weirds me out. It's fake as hell, but I can't focus on that picture. Maybe it's because Jaws 3 is the first one in the series I saw.
I have developed a weird love for Jaws 3. It's terrible but, like an Ed Wood movie, I find it to be fascinatingly bad. And like you, it's the first one I can remember seeing so nostalgia is probably at play. I will say though that Jaws 3 has a couple of good things about it- the score is actually really good and the part where FitzRoyce gets eaten and you have the POV from inside the shark's mouth is great. I can't think of too much good to say about The Revenge though.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I can't think of too much good to say about The Revenge though.
The only thing that I thought was pretty well done was the opening scene of the attack on Sean Brody. It seemed like kind of a call-back to the opening of the first film where you don't see much of the shark, but you know what's happening.

But it's all downhill from there.

I remember seeing it in the theater, with that opening I was hopeful that we were going to get a decent, suspenseful film. But it was not to be.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I have developed a weird love for Jaws 3. It's terrible but, like an Ed Wood movie, I find it to be fascinatingly bad. And like you, it's the first one I can remember seeing so nostalgia is probably at play. I will say though that Jaws 3 has a couple of good things about it- the score is actually really good and the part where FitzRoyce gets eaten and you have the POV from inside the shark's mouth is great. I can't think of too much good to say about The Revenge though.
That scene is tremendous and one of the best in the entire Jaws series. Too bad it’s in Jaws 3...which I too kinda like.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
xqECHNvzbDL5I3iiOVUkVPJMSbc.jpg

Kind of a takeoff on the Jaws posters. I'm a bit concerned with the ever-changing size of the Meg in various posters and trailer scenes. There's one poster where it seems large enough to swallow a whole cruise ship, and other shots it seems much smaller. One of the hazards of CG effects I guess. At least with a mechanical shark, it stays the same size.

There's a thread kicking around here in the Movies forum somewhere.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'll be seeing The Meg but I have to say that the shot in the Jurassic World trailer with the dinosaur swimming in a big wave towards surfers is the best 'shark' moment I've seen since Jaws.
That shot is basically a ripoff of a similar scene in The Shallows.

nUM5psh5B3AxWaTXRhOfFFzGQAB.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks