What's new

Jaws 2 (1978) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
And today is the 43rd anniversary of Jaws.

How good is this trailer?

"It is as if god created the devil and gave him... jaws."

It created a great mood and tension for the film, but on the other hand it enforced and propagated the attitude that sharks are evil killing machines and should all be destroyed.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It created a great mood and tension for the film, but on the other hand it enforced and propagated the attitude that sharks are evil killing machines and should all be destroyed.
As someone who is a vegetarian and believes in protecting wildlife (even the gross or creepy crap out there), the real world reaction is the only bad thing that I can think of relating to Jaws.

JAWS

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric Larson
JAWS is far and away my fav movie of all time. Obviously JAWS 2 is a far cry from the original. But it is one of my fav nostalgic films. I have very clear memories of seeing this in the theaters, owning the JAWS 2 marvel comic, recreating the scenes with my fisher price adventure people. The film oozes 70's and I love it for that.

The Score is also one of John Williams best. He could have phoned it in and called it a day but he created a very different and original score.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
JAWS is far and away my fav movie of all time. Obviously JAWS 2 is a far cry from the original. But it is one of my fav nostalgic films. I have very clear memories of seeing this in the theaters, owning the JAWS 2 marvel comic, recreating the scenes with my fisher price adventure people. The film oozes 70's and I love it for that.

The Score is also one of John Williams best. He could have phoned it in and called it a day but he created a very different and original score.

Looking at your username I never would have guessed! I never cared for John Williams score, always thought it was sub par to the original but over the years it has grown a lot on me and I like it quite a bit now. Did a great job of expanding the original themes.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Looking at your username I never would have guessed! I never cared for John Williams score, always thought it was sub par to the original but over the years it has grown a lot on me and I like it quite a bit now. Did a great job of expanding the original themes.
I believe the only theme he reused was the shark theme. Everything else was new. It was his deliberate decision to do so. He discusses it on the Jaws 2 extras.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Yeah, that's what I was referring to the shark theme. It was the new material that eventually grew on me.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I believe the only theme he reused was the shark theme. Everything else was new. It was his deliberate decision to do so. He discusses it on the Jaws 2 extras.

Quint's theme is quoted once when the wreck of the Orca is discovered.

The brilliance of the "Jaws 2" score is how Williams duplicated the sound of the original without recycling it. He allowed it to be a complementary piece to the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks