What's new

javascript errors when clicking on some links (1 Viewer)

Steve Alan

Agent
I have encountered a strange problem of not being able to click on some links. For example, when I go into my yahoo email account, and click on the "check all" or "delete" boxes, nothing happens. I can't click on movie trailers on yahoo, bmwfilms, and lots of other stuff. I know its not the web pages themselves because they work fine on other computers.
I haven't changed any settings or added any programs that could possibly have any effect. This problem happened quite suddenly. I have java virtual machine installed, and everthing java is enabled in the advanced internet options tab. Any ideas? suggestions? Thanks!!

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Are you running some sort of ad or popup blocker, or personal firewall product? Sometimes they can mess up scripting on some pages, depending on how they're configured. What browser are you using?

Steve Alan

Agent
Thanks for the quick response. I had previously thought that my pop-up blocker (web washer) was causing some problems but that wasn't the case. I am not running a firewall, but your mention of it brought the idea of checking security settings to my mind. I switched to a lower setting from the default, restarted windows, and now everything seems to be back to normal. Thanks!

Yes, I am armed accordingly, but no weapons of mass destruction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks