What's new

Java help! (1 Viewer)

CraigL

Screenwriter
Hey all,

OK...about 2 days ago my computer decided it had enough of me. Now, I'm having massive problems with java and my internet connection. Anything related to java is making my computer crash constantly. If my aol uses anything that incorporates java or if my Internet Explorer does as well, it crashes. The whole thing just closes. Anyone have any idea why this keeps happening?

I've tried uninstalling java and reinstalling. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling aol. Nothing works and I'm really frustrated.

Thanks.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Like you, I was crashing my pc whenever I used a particularly java-intensive app. Prior to installing this app on my pc, I was instructed to download and install the latest version of JRE 5.0 Update 1 found here.

Upon doing this, I found myself on the end of constant crashes, only when using this java-based app. After a myriad of so-called remedies (I downloaded the latest driver on virtually every hardware piece on my pc), I finally identified that my pc had 2 copies of java - the one originally installed by Toshiba and the one I installed later.

After uninstalling both, and then reinstalling the JRE 5.0 Update 1, I haven't experienced a single crash of any variety.

Yours may be of an entirely different flavor, but hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks