What's new

Jaton PSD-7611K Owners (1 Viewer)

Dave Stone

Auditioning
I've been using my new Jaton region free dvd player for a few weeks now and i've noticed alot of jittering or jumpiness when I play any of my PAL dvd's on my NTSC television. In other words the picture is not steady.
Is there a setting I can change to make the picture more stable??

I tried changing the Vertical Interpolation from "adaptive" to "frame" and the jitter went away but then I started noticing slight combing during scenes where alot of movement or action was going on and constant combing
during playback of extras on the pal dvd's .

Is this a problem with all Jaton dvd players or do I have a defective unit??

Bryan_Sth

Agent
Dave,
That's the player I've been using and I haven't noticed that problem. Other than long pauses on layer switches, I've been pretty happy with it. You might try contacting them and see what they say. I've heard they're pretty good to deal with, but I have no personal experience to base that on.

Dave Stone

Auditioning
I e-mailed HKFlix and they were very quick in responding. It seems that because i'm using the player in interlaced mode the jitter is common. I don't have a HDTV yet...

Below is what I received from HKFlix:

Use your player in progressive scan mode with a progressive scan compatible TV. It's that last step of going to NTSC interlaced that introduces shimmering, so naturally using the progressive scan output instead of interlaced is the way to eliminate the problem. Using progressive scan will eliminate about 99% of shimmering.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Some players are worse then others when it comes to Shimmering (interlaced). All of the Mediamatics chipset players (JVC, Malata, etc) have more shimmering on their interlaced output as it is derived from the progressive signal. Interlaced -> Progressive -> Interlaced. Hence, the reason you don't see it in progressive mode. One PAL converting player with good interlaced output, and a lot less shimer, is the Philips 727.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks