Jason X website/trailer now online! Coooool!

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Hubert,
I nominate you for the "Thread Farter Of The Year" award. First LOTR and now this. If it's anything but Star Wars, it's an inferior piece of shit.
------------------
-Dwayne

Hubert

Second Unit
Listen, people in the LOTR thread farted all over it that thing from the beginning. For your information, Gladiator is my favorite pic, not Star Wars. And I gave my opinion on this movie and it's premise, and if I forget, that's what we're here to do. Yes, I think it's utterly stupid. If it bothers you that this looks stupid to me, that's your problem. So vote me whatever you will. Maybe if you go back and read the LOTR thread, you'd know people started farting on that thread by mentioning Star Wars and comparing the too, and making negative remarks about it, before I ever showed up in it. Obviously you didn't read it before posting here.
[Edited last by Hubert on November 11, 2001 at 07:57 PM]
[Edited last by Hubert on November 11, 2001 at 08:04 PM]
[Edited last by Hubert on November 11, 2001 at 10:15 PM]

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Hubert,
It just seems that every post I see you make is nothing but negative. I don't discourage anyone from forming their own opinions. But when someone has nothing positive to say, ever, then it makes me wonder if that person is just trying to get a rise out of others, which would be pathetic.
-Dwayne

Hubert

Second Unit
Dwayne, I've been arguing with Sam and RobertR about the same thing. Every Star Wars thread and even threads such as LOTR, they've gone into and hammered SW, or been negative about it. I've been trying to see if they have anything positive to say. I'm actually excited about LOTR and Harry Potter. As for this one, I can't stop laughing. But this is the only thread I've been negative, at least that I can remember. I was nothing but positive about Monsters Inc and the AOTC teaser. Maybe I was too negative in my comments here. But that's the way I feel about this one.
As for the LOTR thread, was just joining in with all the others.

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
O.k., first off, I Love the 'Friday the 13th' series, except 'Jason takes Manhatten' and 'Jason goes to Hell', and you'll have to excuse me Ricky f because I know your a big supprter of this film, but I just don't know about this.
First off, I can't stand our boys new mask, it, well, really sucks! Second, their really should be nothing left of Jason by now, did you notice how healthy and meaty he looks? And third, I have a HUGE problem with this space premise! I can buy anything in films, I can buy Dinosaurs roaming the earth once again, I can buy huge 15 mile wide spaceships destroying our cities, hell, I can even buy Kevin Bacon being invisible, but this is asking too much of even me!

Kane Hodder(who has played Jason since part 7) has stated in an interview that this is the best Jason script he has read yet! Man, I certaintly hope so.
------------------
To the men and women of the N.Y. police and fire department
God bless you.
To the victims and their families
God keep you.
To the dirtbags who caused all this
God help you!!!

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Fair enough John, I respect your opinion. I just hate it when people say " Oh it is in space, IT HAS TO SUCK ! "
I for one love the new mask and ok I know space seems bad but I for one think this movie looks damn good.
This seems much better than hellraiser 4. This has more action, more excitement and lots of kills.
Cyborg Jason, What can I say ?
A brilliant idea !

MickeS

Producer
Senior HTF Member
It looks pretty good to me ("good" in relation to other Friday the 13th movies, of course
).
I like every F13 movie except "Jason takes Manhattan" which was just unbearably bad. I thought "Jason goes to hell" was a nice fresh start for the franchise (the beginning with the "America's Most Wanted" thing was genius), and "Jason X" looks like another step in the right direction, back to a more traditional approach, yet with some updated (or "upgraded" I guess I should say...) elements.
Don't know about Jason's new appearance though... it looks like a second-grade Terminator rip-off. But then again, that might fit this particular movie well.

/Mike

Ushabye

Projectionist
Real Name
Paul
Can somebody post a mirror download link for the trailer, (besides the Apple site, as I cant save trailers downloaded from there).
Thanks
Fave Friday:
"Nothing this evil ever dies."
Friday The 13th Part 6: Jason Lives!

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Honestly seeing the trailer has only served to renew my interest in this film. While I at first hated the new look of the mask, it has grown on me and totally understand the fact that this is the future. Why not try out a different look.
You can tell basically from the trailer that Newline spent their money wisely on this one and it will be easily made back.
Where you believe that the movie is stupid or whatever, so be it....don't go. At the same time, respect those of us that have a fondness for all things Jason. (Just for the record, part 8 did suck...so on that we all pretty much agree...Paramount did a major rush job on that one and it shows!)
As for the folks wanting the Jason 'sound,' how much more ID for the film do you need then him standing there hockey mask...even people that don't watch horror will know who this is.

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
dam i can't download the trailer or clips since i'm on webtv.ughhhh!
Anyway....as for the complaints about tyhe severed heads/bodies still moving,laughing whatever.... I think that those are possible VR scenes,where Jason kills someone but it turns out to be a hologram. Just a theory,which is why it used CGI. Though hopefully the real kills will use real FX,no CGI!
Also it's supposed to more of an acion/comedy. Which is why theres humor in it,the dialogue may not be great ect. It's not suppsoed to be a "scary" movie,though who knows,there amy be some suspenseful moments among the chaos?
I ca'nt wait to finnaly see the trailer, & get a look of the fiml once it hits theaters,hopefully soon!
As for JTM & JGTH. JTM is very disapointing 7 coukld've been great,but was one big letdown.Though it still has it's moments.
JGTH...i liked,it was a fresh spin on the series,with alot of wit,even though it was played straight/serious most of the time,that added to the fun,than if the actor's tryed to be funny,cool,campy ect on purpose & fail miserably. The unrated version delivers heavy on the gore & is brutal,that even i had to close my eyes at parts. To bad the rest of the series wasn't released in Unrated form,but Paramounts to dam stubborn. Sure there plenty of plot holes,mainly since nothing was ever explained in previous entires. This was a welcome addtiong at trying something different,though alot ofpeople hate it because of that,just don't take it to serious and enjoy it as a great "what if?" movie. haven't you ever though,what would happen if they just blew up,chopped up Freddy,Micheal Myers,jason ect? Well this answeres that in a unique outragous way,that he's just so dam evil,that he'll come back one way or another. & for those who beleive Jason to be some kind of
"hellbaby" ,demon slug because of this movie( a really stupid idea btw). Look at it this way...the hellbaby was just a visual,slimy different way of showing his SOUL,going from one body to the next,rather than some chessy light effects ect. Jason's not a deomn thing from hell,stuck in a body,just a really evil soul who can't be stopped.
Still the movies a blast,just don't take it seriously as some people seem to. I'm hoping Jason X delivers,though i won't know til i see it.

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Post Edited-Member permanently banned from Home Theater Forum!
[Edited last by Robert Crawford on November 13, 2001 at 06:03 PM]

AJ Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
AJ
I'm a huge Friday the 13th fan (Part 6 is the best in my opinion) but Jason Goes To Hell was horrible. I mean the real Jason has 10 minutes screen time in the whole movie. I paid to see Jason killing people and instead I see a demon possessing a coroner, a cop, a tabloid reporter, etc. Where's the fun in seeing a tabloid reporter killing people? If I want to see normal people getting possessed and going on killing rampages I'll just watch The Hidden which was a much better movie by the way. And don't get me started on Jason Takes Manhattan. Anyway..I like the trailer of Jason X. Jason looks great until he turns into Uber-Jason. I don't like the futuristic look of Jason at all but I'll definitely be seeing this movie when it comes out.
------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/sk/hitman1/AJtheatercover
-------------------------

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
Part 6 is my fav as well & i'd say the best movie aside from the original. As for JGTH-you just have to watch it with an open mind. Its like the people hating part 5 for Jason not being in it.Yet the movie would'nt be any better(+ is just horrible either way) with him in it,though still a hilarious flick in it's so bad it's good campiness.

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Listen, let me tell you all a storyline that I came up with for 'Jason goes to Hell' when I first heard that it was greenlit...
It's sort of a combination of a prequel, and a sequel, that starts in Crystal lake in the 1940's, Jason hasn't been born yet, his father Elias Voorhees is a member of a bloodcult who is responsible for many unsolved murders in the Crystal lake area. Anyway, in early 1941, he meets Pamela(maiden name unknown), and he falls in love with her, together they concieve a child, this is before she goes mad, and is a kind and decent girl who changes Elias, he realizes what he's doing goes against god and man and wants out.
He confronts the grand leader of the cult about his change of heart hoping that his brothers will understand and let him go, but they don't, they tell him that if he leaves and turns his back on them, they will curse his first born son, they will doom his son to immortality. He will be damnned to walk the earth forever, and will be so disfigured that no one would ever love him!
Realizing that he just cannot continue this, he leaves to be with his new wife and soon to be son. Jason Voorhees is born in 1948, and as promised, is horribly disfigured. Some years later, Elias dies under mysterious circumstances leaving Pamela alone to raise Jason. Rumors begin to circulate around town that Pamala murdered her husband because of a falling out they had about Jason and that Jason witnessed his fathers murder, thus beginning HIS mental instabiity. By this time, she is a mentally shattered woman forced to raise a mentally retarded and deformed young boy alone. They live as if no one else exsists, they are all they have, living as recluses in the woods of Crystal lake, until one day in 1957 Jason drowns in the waters of what's now called Camp Crystal lake. And the story then comes into the present.
Now, this is just the explanation of Jason's inability to be killed, the film could have left in all of the other charactors, except his sister Diana, to then deal with Jason, they seek out and enlist the aid of Tommy Jarvis to help them kill Jason once and for all because he successfully killed him before.
I had'nt figured out the rest by the time the film opened. But this storyline represents where I was hoping the story would go. It's certainly better than that ridiculous explanation in the film we were given! Oh, it's a giant devil worm inside of him, and THAT'S why he keeps returning from the dead!

I also had a mayjor problem with the charactor of Creighton Duke. Where the hell did he come from, and what the hell makes him such a expert on Jason!? Where was he a long time ago?
This storyline is the result of a brainstorming session my friends and I had about what WE would like to have seen happen. That's why I was so incredibly let down by this film. It could have REALLY taken us back and shown us what happened. But sadly it went with something much more shallow, something that, when all of the other films are considered, doesn't fit the puzzle of why Jason is the way he is. I craved for something deeper, and was denied.
------------------
To the men and women of the N.Y. police and fire department
God bless you.
To the victims and their families
God keep you.
To the dirtbags who caused all this
God help you!!!
[Edited last by John Williamson on November 12, 2001 at 08:54 PM]
[Edited last by John Williamson on November 12, 2001 at 08:59 PM]
[Edited last by John Williamson on November 12, 2001 at 09:07 PM]
[Edited last by John Williamson on November 12, 2001 at 09:12 PM]
[Edited last by John Williamson on November 12, 2001 at 09:47 PM]
[Edited last by John Williamson on November 12, 2001 at 09:49 PM]

RicP

Screenwriter
Ricky:
If I were you I'd edit your last post, I'm sure you know the line I'm talking about, before any of the admins see it. If the wrong ones see it, you will in all likelihood be removed permanently (it's happened before).
------------------

Ric Perrott - My DVD's
[Edited last by RicP on November 12, 2001 at 10:05 PM]

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jon.robinson71