'Jason X' and 'Jason Goes To Hell' DVD reviews up at DVDFILE

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Esten, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Esten

Esten Supporting Actor

2. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

Wow, sounds great!

Definitely two of my most anticipated titles of the year. Thumbs up New Line!!!

3. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

Am i right in thinking this is a digital-digital transfer like Toy Story or am i off the mark here?

4. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

Assuming you're referring to Jason X, Lee, Peter Bracke says as much pretty clearly in his review. "Given that this is a "digital to digital" transfer, it is not surprising that it looks great on DVD."

5. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

(cough, cough) Too bad we aren't hearing of any others in this series getting this kind of treatment yet (cough, cough)

6. Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead Second Unit

I will admit, that an uncut version of "Goes To Hell" is tempting, I'll problably end up just renting it though. Kudos to New LIne for making sure they released the full version of the film for the hardcore fans however.[​IMG]
    Chuck, I 100% agree with your above statement reagarding censorship in films today. There is absolutly no reason whatsoever to justify editing films in our society. Why don't we just put pants on Michaelangelo's David while we're at it? By the way, I too, long for the day when part VII will be uncut as well. Was part IV:The Final Chapter cut also? That's also one of my more favourite films in the series.

7. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

Groovy! These sound like spectacular discs, and they are must haves for me! For what its worth, I loved both JASON GOES TO HELL and JASON X!

8. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

The final chapter was one of the only Fridays that escaped uncut from the mighty MPAA scissors. There are some additional scenes, but none of them are gore/fx scenes.

9. Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead Second Unit

Thanks for the quick response there Matt. Now if Paramount would only add some features to it...

10. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

The funny thing is that if the movies were 'resubmitted' to the MPAA, most would probably get R ratings when they got X-rated ones before.

Look at part 1, it's got barely anything violent in the UNCUT version, this could totally pass for an R-Rating by today's standards.