What's new

Jason X and Jason Goes to Hell details (UNRATED confirmed!) (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I wonder how they can manage to do that doc if Paramount has the rights to 1-7?

To fans of Jason/Friday the 13th, what did you think of Jason X? From a casual viewer's perspective, I thought it was too radical a departure from the trailers, with the potential to be like the Hellraiser in space film... Though generally I think adding "in space" to a film series that wouldn't already have that element (Moonraker anyone?) is generally not a good plan. What do the fans think?

MattHR

Screenwriter
Davisdvd.com has the cover art posted for both JX and JGTH.
They are both in Amaray cases! Hopefully New Line has abandonded the snappers for good!

Paul D G

Screenwriter

Personally I had a good time with it. Wasn't nearly as lame as some of the others and gave you exactly what you expected. Halloween Resurrection, however, sucked. I was really hoping for the same good time that Jason X gave me but it was just too annoying. So, how many hours can a group of six people "explore" a four bedroom house? How can someone at the top of the stairs not hear a conversation, let alone be aware of the group of people standing at the bottom of the stairs?
-paul

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
I wonder how they can manage to do that doc if Paramount has the rights to 1-7?
If they use clips of those films (1-8, i believe), they can work out a license agreement with Paramount. I am sure that Paramount would be more than happy to receive money from New Line in exchange for use of brief clips on a DVD. Otherwise, New Line can simply avoid using any clips from those films altogether and instead interview cast, crew, and the like.

DJ

KimK

Stunt Coordinator
What is the difference between the Rated and the Unrated version of Jason Goes to Hell?

Esten

Supporting Actor
To fans of Jason/Friday the 13th, what did you think of Jason X?
Sadly,i hated it.I thought it well directed in some spots,but it just seemed like too many people were fucking with it.I read one of the first drafts,and i thought it was pretty good.If they made the film that got greenlit,then i very well may have loved it.Who knows.
Sean Cunningham had a hand in writing alot of the crappy dialogue,so i blame him.He doesn't care about the series,and does it only for money.I wish he'd just not mess with them at all.Hell,originally,because of him,Jason wasn't in Jason Goes To Hell... but New Line made them put Jason in it.

Will K

Screenwriter
What is the difference between the Rated and the Unrated version of Jason Goes to Hell?
Several bits and chunks of gore, very different from R version. The braineating heart-eating scene at the beginning is more disgusting in the unrated version. The scene where "Jason" splits a female camper in half is incredibly gory uncut, while the R version cuts away. That's the most spectacular kill, but there are various gory shots spread throughout, such as a nasty head-crushing scene where a fountain of blood pops from the top of the skull.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
The R-Rated version also contains some character scenes.

Here's a little info. On another New Line release... "POISON IVY" most might just watch the unrated version, but I suggest if you have the movie to check out the rated version also, as it contains a few extra character scenes.

JGTH R-Rated is like this too, no matter which version you watch, you're getting a little extra.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Jason X may not have enough for a 'directors cut', but there must be a collection of deleted scenes! I remember reading that the flick got some relatively minor tweaks three weeks before it was released!
Either way, I'll gladly check these two DVDs out. Love the sloppy gore! :)

Beau

Supporting Actor
I heard that the rumors of the "minor tweaks" weeks before it's release was false. But there ARE definattly deleted scenes, but I heard they aren't going to be on the DVD:frowning:

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
Correct me if i'm wrong, but "Friday The 13th: Jason Takes Manhattan" isn't on DVD yet right?

Has Paramount mentioned anything about a price drop on the series? I would love to own the trilogy on DVD, but $29.99 is quite expensive for just the movie and a trailer. Are the movies in 5.1?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Part 7, 8 are coming out September 3rd. both have a retail price of $25.00, and can be picked up for about 18 online and at most stores.
they are both supposed to have 5.1 re-mixes and the original stereo sound mixes also, but with this release so far it seems the trailers won't be included. :frowning:

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
In this week's issue of The Onion, Mark Borchardt (star of American Movie) mentions that he and friend and co-star Mike Schank were interviewed for a retrospective documentary for the Jason X DVD.
DJ

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Sorry Kim, despite all our petitions, letters, e-mails, etc. Paramount has flat out ignored us and decided to release them in bare bones R-rated discs. Thank God New Line owns the rights to the last 2. I wouldn't be surprised if Jason Goes To Hell sells more than the entire first 8 put together. Way to go New Line!!!
Paramount :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Sebastien S

Second Unit
Anyone know if "New Line" has any plans to re-release either or both of these movies sometime in the future?

Better version or perhaps together as a double disc set?

These two movies are the only ones I'm missing to complete my "Friday the 13th" series (I have the 8 movie Paramount box set) but I don't want to purchase them only to find out that a new version is coming next year?

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
They both got a pretty respectible treatment the first time around and I haven't heard of New Line wanting to revisit them. I think you can safely say that the versions available now are definitive. "Jason Goes To Hell" has a commentary, trailer and deleted scenes in addition to both cuts of the film and "Jason X" has a commentary, trailer and 2 documentaries, one on the making of the film itself and an excellent one on the entire "Friday" series. As for the box set, I think that New Line would have either put them together when they released them or put out a three-pack of these two plus "Freddy vs. Jason" when that came out a year and a half ago but they didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks