Jason X and Jason Goes to Hell - 10/8

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin_M_M, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Kevin_M_M

Kevin_M_M Stunt Coordinator

From DVDfile.com:

Coming on 10/8 and just in time for Halloween are - at long last! - New Line's two entries in the venerable Friday the 13th franchise, Jason X and Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday. Aside from the fact that "The Final Friday" is a big cheat (and fans already fell for "The Final Chapter" once before), these will be the last two Jason flicks to finally make it to DVD and should put their Paramount counterparts to shame. Both will be full-fledge Platinum Editions with tons of new extras, so watch this space for further details...

Anyone know if Jason Goes to Hell will be the director's cut that was released on VHS?

2. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

3. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

There would be no excuse for New Line not to release the uncut director's version of JASON GOES TO HELL. NONE.

4. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

I can't imagine New Line would release the R-only version. I would imagine unrated or seamless branching dual versions, as a handful of their discs are produced this way. I don't think they'll pull a Paramount on us.

5. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

I feel pretty good about it being the Director's Cut. Not that I know, but I think that it's likely. I'm SO happy that a F13 movie will have an "extras" menu![​IMG]

6. Esten

Esten Supporting Actor

I read on the Friday board that ALL of the workprint scenes will be on the JGTH DVD,with commentary.

7. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

I'm looking forward to the Jason X DVD, since I saw the 'early' U.S. cut of the movie. Reports indicated that the film had been re-edited a mere two weeks before theatrical release, so there's a bunch of stuff I may not have seen.
    Plus I liked the movie... [​IMG]

8. Andy Olivera

Andy Olivera Screenwriter

I'm not sure what they'll do with Jason X, but JGTH will almost certainly be the unrated version. I don't think I've ever seen an R rated version on VHS(did they even release one?).

Damin, AFAIK, the deleted scenes from the original NOES were never included in any official release of the film. I was under the impression that they were cut for pacing, since there wasn't any material that would've pushed it toward an NC-17. You have, however, named my only two complaints with the NOES set: no deleted scenes for the original and no unrated cut for #5...

9. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

They did release one Andy. There were many aspects of the films trimmed to get an R...from blood to sex. Won't come as a shock, but I much prefer the unrated version, think that it works better.

If you lucky...or unlucky enough to...go to Blockbuster...they carry the trimmed one.

10. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

11. Lafe F

Lafe F Second Unit

The region 2 JGTH is the Director's Cut (with the tent vivisection intact), so I'm quite hopeful the r1 will be the same.

12. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

Ah, the TENT SCENE![​IMG] What are you all looking at?:b

13. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

I also enjoyed Jason X. I saw it opening night in a theater 'packed' with 5 other people. I'm looking forward to these releases.

14. James T

James T Screenwriter

Jason X had some of the funniest scenes I've seen in any movie.

Sort of a spoiler
    The best quote of the movie...."It takes more than a poke in the ribs to take down this soldier....yeah that'll do it"

15. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

I also saw Jason X opening day in a theater with about 7 other people. I can't wait for this release.

16. Dave Anderson

Dave Anderson Second Unit