What's new

Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021) (1 Viewer)

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
Hey, at least "gonna" is in the Webster Dictionary, you're not gonna(:)) find "dint" in the same dictionary, at least the way she intended to use it..

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gonna

gonna
pronunciation spelling
gon·na | \ ˈgə-nə,

gə-nə\
Definition of gonna
—used for "going to" in informal speech and in representations of such speech "It's not gonna be easy.""They're gonna get married in July.""I felt like something bad was gonna happen."

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I don't respect what Jones wrote in her message because she throws shade at a project that was something entirely separate from the film she worked on.

I understand her anger because the project she worked on was met with such derision but there was no call to slam Reitman and his project because the film she worked on was poorly accepted. People have been working on putting together a film that continues the original Ghostbusters for years so it is not a response to nor a reflection of the film Jones worked on.

So, she is as she says permitted to have her feelings but her outburst of "internet outrage" only served to feed the trolls that acted so horribly toward her and the project she worked on.

In the days of the immediate internet response people just don't think before they type...and they should.

For the record, I'm not a Ghostbusters fan so if they never made another one I would be fine with that. I am also not a fan of how people act on the internet either as they typically are quick to anger and draw ridiculous assumptions that they typically do not realize reflect more on them than whatever they are babbling about.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
and things like this are why we are in the crazy world we are in now. Everyone is quick to jump on the "racist!" wagon and PC wagons and make assumptions without any proof. It's sad to see it hold here.
I'm pointing out what I feel was a clear message and I even allowed that I could be entirely mistaken. However, feel free to hit the ignore button on me then.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And that is going to be the end of that particular discussion.

Let's return ALL discussion in this thread, please, to the topic-at-hand: the potential Ghostbusters film.

Anyone who returns to that discussion will face thread/forum disciplines.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I have zero interest in seeing the new Ghostbusters. Which is weird because I loved the original. I guess I just can't imagine a GB film without Egon. Anyway I got my true dedicated sequel to the original 10 years ago with all of the original cast, written by Dan Aykroyd, and Harold Ramis. On the Xbox 360, and it was pure magic:

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
Hey maybe they'll bring Egon back via CGI like they did with Rogue One w/ Peter Cushing.

Just for nostalgia sake I want to see it. It will hopefully be a fitting end to the era and the legacy seeing the original guys do their last dance. I too loved the original and we had a huge Ghostbusters party on release day and all us nerds drove to the local theater to see it as a grup. Fun times!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Hey maybe they'll bring Egon back via CGI like they did with Rogue One w/ Peter Cushing.

That didn't work out very well. He looked creepy and unrealistic to me. If they try this, I hope the tech has improved.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I feel like this is going to be an unnecessary dumpster-dive into nostalgia. Hope I’m wrong. The original had a unique wit that seems largely absent these days.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Aykroyd was the one that actually dropped the bomb that this was coming (and that there was and angry reaction from Team Feig) back in early November 2018...

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The real Ghostbusters 3 was a great video game released about 10 years ago.

Set two years after GB2. It had almost all the same talent and writers involved. Including Ramis, Ackroyd, Hudson and Bill Murray.

“Many of the principal cast members from the films were involved in the game's production. Each of the actors who portrayed the Ghostbusters in the films (Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, and Ernie Hudson) lent their voices and likenesses to the in-game characters.[11] Aykroyd and Ramis, who wrote the films, also aided in script doctoring for the game.[12] Other film cast members such as William Atherton, Brian Doyle-Murray, and Annie Potts lent their voices and likenesses to the game's characters as well.”

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Ghostbusters II wasn't the biggest blow to the franchise by any stretch of the imagination. Have you ever watched any of the post-Lorenzo Music Real Ghostbusters episodes? Making Slimer the focus and dumbing down Peter Venkman in ways the earlier episodes didn't was why I quit watching it. Some supporting characters need to stay in their lane. Extreme Ghostbusters added women and the differently abled to the mix without controversy … or ratings, and it ran a year.

And if they really want to be sticklers for continuity, Dana has a son Oscar who should be 30 by now and thus old enough to be a Ghostbuster. There's something worthy of a plot (or at least a subplot), especially since Jason Reitman is taking over for his own father.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Casting news from The Hollywood Reporter:
  • Mckenna Grace (Gifted, Captain Marvel, Annabelle Comes Home) has been cast in the lead role.
  • Finn Wolfhard ("Stranger Things", It) has been cast as her older brother.
  • Carrie Coon has been cast as their single mother.
The story evidently centers around four teens, two younger and two older. Principal photography is set to begin this summer for a release next year. It maintains continuity with the two Ghostbusters films made by Reitman's father in the eighties.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If it "centers on four teens," I'm out. I'm also not a fan of Finn Wolfhard. He almost ruined It for me.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Ghostbusters_Continuation_001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks