What's new

Jarhead 2-disc OOP Already! (1 Viewer)

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Well I'm not sure if it's official but dvdaficionado shows Jarhead 2-disc edition as being DISCONTINUED. WOW, so soon!

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
It's no longer available from Amazon, except from private sellers. DVD Planet says it's discontinued. If you still want it and can find it, better get it before it skyrockets on Ebay.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This is the same thing that happened when Universal released the Cinderalla Man two disc and that's available again so I wouldn't worry too much if you can't find the two disc Jarhead right now. It'll probably happen with King Kong in a few weeks too.

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
Didn't Fox do exactly the same with the two-disc edition of Kinsey?

I'm sure the two-disc edition of Jarhead will be available again shortly, just like Kinsey is.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Tower.com has it still, so get it now if you wanna get it. It might come back into print - it might not... Glad I have my copy.

James.G

Grip
Reminds me of the whole Shawhank Limited fiasco. That disc was OOP shortly after its release.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Could it just be that the studio underestimated the demand for the 2-disc edition so that retailers are selling out and it will be available again as soon as they are restocked? It sounds like that's what happened with Cinderella Man and Kinsey.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Saw piles of these at the local Best Buy. At $34.99, they weren't exactly flying off the shelves.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill

Shawshank was pulled because of a rights issue with the book that it included.

It looks like Jarhead has just dried up.

- Steve

BrandonJF

Second Unit

They had about 8-12 of them at my local Best Buy... on Tuesday. They had none when I checked on Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks