What's new

Japanese Xbox Controller question (1 Viewer)

Wolf Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
I might be able to pick a few of these personally on launch day there (will find out soon.) I want at least one for my girlfriend. so:

1) Anyone know if they are compatible with the US xbox (I'd have to think so)?

2) I had heard that MS was considering bringing these here to the US for retail sale - any update?

3) Is the region locking in the unit itself? I suspect it is, because aren't games region locked? bummer - I'd definitely pick up the DVD kit in Japan if I could play japanese movies on my US xbox...

The controller retail price is 3500 yen according to xbox.jp - about 30 bucks (a little less) at current rates.. Looks like I've got one in my immediate future.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
1) Yes, fully compatible. No reason for MS to spend the time and money to make a controller incompatible across regions.

2) I don't believe they will, especially not near the Japanese launch period. They will be imported by several companies, however. NECX might be one.

3) Yes, the unit itself reads the DVD region information off the disc; if the region doesn't match the player, no soup for you.

The price is $30 retail in Japan. Expect it to be at least $10 more after the markup, if not more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks