What's new

Japanese BLACK HAWK DOWN dts? buy? (1 Viewer)

Kyle Tippett

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know a site where i can find the dts black hawk from japan? prefferably the 3 disc set... ive only found the US verions...

RexW

Stunt Coordinator
The 3-Disc set is scheduled to come out on July 16th. It has DTS but a bit on the pricey side at 7800 yen. And as Jeff mentioned, you have to be R2 or region free capable.

Is there not a R3 5 disc version coming soon?
I'm sure it's spread over two discs with a DTS track included.
If so where is there a reliable R3 supplier with this title?

Steve

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No words at all about an R3 5disc version. http://www.dddhouse.com would likely carry it if it existed

Just an FYI- The DTS on the Japanese disc is likely half bitrate due to the length of the film. You can buy the SE and the inevitable SuperBit twice over for what you'll spend on the J version

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
I have the Japanese 1 disc release which is indeed half bitrate DTS. I'd imagine the 3 disc would contain exactly the same transfer.

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
The Japanese release, while only half rate dts, sounds fantastic... It's just up to you to decide whether it's worth the extra cost or not.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
The Black Hawk Down: Superbit Deluxe release is the same as all other Superbit Deluxe releases.

Half-bit rate DTS audio with 448kps Dolby Digital 5.1 audio on the film disc. Discs two and three are the same special features discs as the R1 release although there are Korean subtitles. The three commentary tracks are not included due to the Superbit/Superbit Deluxe philosophy.

RickardL

Supporting Actor
Yes, but is there any Superbit version of BHD available
at all except for that Korean one? I haven't seen
one. If so, then that version must be unique in terms
of video and audio. If that is better or worse than
any other version of BHD, that remains to be seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks