What's new

Japan just got a little less cool (1 Viewer)

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Well, it's not as bad as parents putting their children on leashes.

At least the chips aren't inserted into the skin.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
As long as the kids know where the RFID tag is, it seems like a good idea (a good tool against kidnappings, crime, etc).

Agreement with Mark bk above. About it not being inserted into their skin. T

That's when I start to worry. On clothing, etc? No big deal. Cellphones are starting to have tracking technology installed too. (I read a couple of articles about it).

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
They're grade school kids who have yet to develop survival skills and common sense... I think it's an awesome idea myself for keeping kids safe and not wandering off.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't care if a tag was installed in a school ID that a student is required to carry. It'd probably help keep the student where they were supposed to be. Sure, there are ways around "the system" but for general effect I'd think it'd be good.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
It sounds like a good idea to keep the kids safe. But they should make the parents sign an agreement, and the tracking should only be used when the kid is lost or missing. If you use it any other time, it's a gigantic invasion of privacy, in my opinion.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
We have them built into our employee badges. Welcome to the 21st century.

Actually the one and only Fluffy Pumpkin has one under his skin. Keeps him from getting gassed if the local pound ever picks him up.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Heh - the producers actually cut a storyline about a teenager suing her parents over her implanted GPS chip from Century City because they figured that 2035 was too far forward to set such a story.

Mike Lenthol

Second Unit

I don't know. While kids still eat the food and live under the parents' roof, if parents choose to they should have the right to invade the privacy (a.k.a. know where their kids are at any time) with no restrictions, chip or no chip.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
great idea. :emoji_thumbsup:

i don't see any privacy issues either. i mean, we're talking kids in school. the school is supposed to know where they are and what they're up to.

besides, what privacy issues could grade-schoolers have? illegal yu-gi oh card-trading behind the school?

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
This is a great idea. This isn't some evil government trying to track your movements-these are just kids. Is there something wrong with wanting to know where your kids are?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulmagruder
Recent bookmarks