Janet Jackson CD/DVD - ALL FOR YOU Limited Ed.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Lambert, Nov 29, 2001.

1. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005RGFW/qid=1007089017/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_74_1/002-4642302-7039232
    This new item, out last Tuesday, is a CD disc and a DVD disc packaged together in one single-wide CD jewel case that holds both discs.
    Currently on sale at Best Buy for $16.99, by-the-way...it's about $25-ish everywhere else!
    The CD is the non-explicit version of her latest album...the explicit version is NOT sold with the DVD! It's sold separately for about $13.99, though.
    The DVD is called Janet Jackson All For You Special Limited Edition DVD. It's basicly "The Virgin (studios) Years" (get the pun? :b ), and the main menu is broken up into 3 areas covering some videos from the current album and the two before it.
    DVD tracks (1 Hr 46 Min in all):
    1. That's the way love goes 3:45
    2. If 5:15
    3. Again 4:21
    4. Because of love 4:12
    5. Any time, any place 4:40
    6. You want this 5:14
    7. Janet - behind the scenes 15:09
    8. Got 'til it's gone 4:11
    9. Together again 4:20
    10. Together again (deeper remix) 4:04
    11. I get lonely 4:40
    12. Go deep 4:34
    13. You 4:13
    14. Every time 4:17
    15. Velvet Rope - behind the scenes 10:12
    16. All for you 4:36
    17. Someone to call my lover 4:33 (song start sounds a lot like America's "Ventura Highway"!!!) [​IMG]
    18. All for you - behind the scenes 7:20
    19. MTV Icon Performance: All for you 6:30[/list=1]
      I don't have anything that anyone would call a true "Home Theater" system. But on my 30" stereo Panasonic, both picture and sound are high-quality to me. Exquisite.
      And a steal at Best Buy's price. It's marked as regularly $24.99, so get there before end of day Saturday if you want it for $8 off! Heck, get one for a friend, too.
      It's great for the DVD disc, it's okay for the CD (even though censored), and it's terrific just for her outfit on the cover! [​IMG]
      So be patriotic and buy the disc with the stars & stripes bikini girl on the cover! [​IMG] And support music CD/DVD combos like this one...maybe we'll get more!
      And...I'm shocked that I didn't see anyone else talking about this disc at all. I can't believe that I discovered it on my own. OTOH, noone lists it as a "DVD" item. Amazon and other online stores list it under CD's. DVDPlanet, DVDEmpire, etc. don't carry it. It's being marketed as a CD, so I guess I'm not surprised after all!

2. Frank_W

Frank_W Stunt Coordinator

3. Luis A

Luis A Second Unit

Thanks for the info Dave, a definite purchase even if just for the cover.[​IMG]
    L
    Also, is the DVD in 5.1

4. Paul Wu

Paul Wu Stunt Coordinator

5. David Lambert

6. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens
    To answer the question above, the DVD is not 5.1, but uncompressed PCM Stereo, and sounds excellent. Even for $25 list this is a good deal IMHO (even if you already have the uncensored CD).
    This makes a nice supplement to her "Design of a Decade" DVD (Japan import) [​IMG].
    One minor thing about the "That's the way love goes" video: It does not include the group's talking scenes at the beginning and the end, just the pure music video. Luckily the full version is on said above DVD [​IMG].
    But again, quality of both picture and audio is excellent. Highly recommended and a must for fans[​IMG].
    -Christian

7. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

8. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Producer

My wife and I prefer her earlier music (Rhythm Nation, etc.) but thanks for the heads up. This one just might be a good stocking stuffer.

9. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

There are a couple of songs that say "shit", and the "Son of a Gun" song - which Carly Simon guests on, reprising pieces of her own songs (this tracks subtitle is "I Betcha Think This Song Is About You") - has words like "muthafucker" and "bitch" and - I think - an even worse word, starting with an "N".-says David Lambert
    Wait a minute...didn't she used to labor against words like that? Wasn't that part of the point of "Rhythm Nation"?
    Either way, to keep it on topic...Its too bad the CD is edited, but the cover...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Janet Jackson...Indeed, a national treasure.
    Sincerely,
    John "This is my native soil. I like it. In fact, I love it!" Kilduff

10. Charles M

Charles M Stunt Coordinator

Miss Jackson if your nasty.

11. David Lambert

[rant]Hey! Guess what DVD was released last Tuesday (12/4)?[/rant]
    [​IMG]
    Songs: What Have You Done for Me Lately, Nasty, When I Think of You, Control, Let's Wait a While, The Pleasure Principle, Miss You Much, Rhythm Nation, Escapade, Alright, Come Back to Me, Black Cat, Love Will Never Do (Without You), That's the Way Love Goes, Whoops Now, Runaway
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Telling the missus I want this under the tree, along with the new Billy Joel disc...